Crow Season

akachuck

Don't want to rat myself out but while In the dove field if one comes over us we shoot e them until they drop and just leave them for vultures. They're a pest more than a animal

Grainger

Don't want to rat myself out but while In the dove field if one comes over us we shoot e them until they drop and just leave them for vultures. They're a pest more than a animal
"A pest"?

I dunno, somebody's got to clean up those Chicken nuggets and French fries in the Wendy's bag tossed out on the side of the road. Can't expect ol' possum to do all the heavy lifting.

They are smart bastards, though.

And yeah, the dates on Crow season are a hot mess.

akachuck

"A pest"?

I dunno, somebody's got to clean up those Chicken nuggets and French fries in the Wendy's bag tossed out on the side of the road. Can't expect ol' possum to do all the heavy lifting.

The fries and nuggets are for the actual birds that belong here. Don't know if you know why they're here in America because they are a invasive species because a smart lad thought I'd be a great idea to release all the birds from Shakespeare in America. They should be year round and killed till not a one is left

Grainger

The fries and nuggets are for the actual birds that belong here. Don't know if you know why they're here in America because they are a invasive species because a smart lad thought I'd be a great idea to release all the birds from Shakespeare in America. They should be year round and killed till not a one is left
Nah, Crows are native. In fact in America there 5 different sub-species of Crow and something like 30 species world-wide.

The bird of Shakespeare is the Raven, which is also native to America (and England). Go to the high peaks of the Smokies to see Ravens do their thing--entertaining aerobatics.

wildlifefarmer

"A pest"?

I'll have to agree on the season is a mess!! I only have 2 acres of corn for food plots. Planted 15 days ago.The dang crows have destroyed 2 acre plots. This morning I flushed 100 plus crows from the field. Against the law to have a crow shoot

CATCHDAWG

The season is setup the way it is so we can have the longest season possible. There's only so many days a year allowed. I for one like the way it is now. They changed it a year or two ago to where they were basically a fall/winter sport and then changed it back. I like having the options for off season game just like coyotes and groundhogs. When you have the option to shoot crows in the summertime and take advantage of it, you'll be the master in the dove field! If you can consistently hit crows coming to the call, then doves (and ducks) are a piece of cake!

rukiddin

Nah, Crows are native. In fact in America there 5 different sub-species of Crow and something like 30 species world-wide.

The bird of Shakespeare is the Raven, which is also native to America (and England). Go to the high peaks of the Smokies to see Ravens do their thing--entertaining aerobatics.
Wasn't aware of the raven but I know for sure the bird released here due to Shakespeare play is the European starling. They were released in Central Park and spread like a plague all over.

Grainger

Wasn't aware of the raven but I know for sure the bird released here due to Shakespeare play is the European starling. They were released in Central Park and spread like a plague all over.
Gotcha on the Starling thing, I knew those were an introduced pest--didn't know about the Shakespeare connection--TY.

JCDEERMAN

Why is there a season on them? A convoluted one(s) at that (3 throughout the year)? There is no shortage of them, that's for sure.

Latest posts