crossbow target

encore06

Take a cardboard box and stack some hunting magazines in it, backed up with some old scraps of blue jeans. Or get a Yellow Jacket target for a crossbow...about $50 at BPS.

Creek

I just bought a Rhino Block Target and it takes broaheads as well as field tips. Im completely satisfied at this point and Ive shot several rounds in it. The Rinehart targets get really great reviews for the money. Good luck

rem270

i wont ever buy anything else but a rinehart target. I bought mine 2yrs ago and it had close to 1000 shots and still going strong. I got the block style one and have only used to 2 sides of it. Still have 4 sides to go. I doubt i ever wear it out.

Tenn.Guy

CR500AFX said:
This is a drawing of a target I made a couple of years ago. The drawing is not to scale and is basically a sketch. The materials are 2)2"X 12"X 36" untreated boards. 48) 12"X 24" pieces of 1/2-in x 4-ft x 8-ft Insulated Sheathing from Lowes (3 sheets). 2)ratchet straps from Lowes, Walmart etc. I cut the insulated sheathing on my table saw in a few minutes. The sheathing pieces are stacked on one of the 2x12x36 boards and capped with the other board. The assembly is held together with a ratchet strap at the top and bottom. The ratchet straps adjust the compression of the sheathing pieces, allowing more or less penetration and also can be loosened to remove the arrow. An arrow will not fully penetrate this target. I have well over 200 shots in a 4" circle and the target is still in good shape. If the material wears out, just insert new sheathing pieces. Enjoy

Got a picture? Have you shot any broadheads at it? Thanks for the info!

Latest posts