Crossbow Question

Umpire

I have a Horton Summit 150 crossbow that I have for about 3 years now. My question is I seem to have had a problem where I would get the crossbow sighted in and then a week or two later I couldn't get the bow to hit in the same place twice. I made sure I was cocking it even and I was. Come to find out the bow was really loose and I noticed there is a place on the botto of the bow and several other places you can tighten with an allen wrench. I tightened all of them and it seems to be fine now. Do you all think that fixed the problem for good? Also I noticed the foot rest where you put your foot to chocolate chip cookie the bow is kind of loose despite the fact i tightened all bolts on the bow, is that normal, any help would be greatly appreciated.

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
have a Horton as well but have never had a problem with loose bolts. I do occasionally take an allen wrench and check the bolts on my crossbow and my bow does shoot to the same point of impact every time. In fact, I have to be careful not to shoot two many times at the same spot to prevent damaging my arrows/bolts.However, the stirrup that i put my foot in has always been tight. I really do not think it should ever be loose.

Rubberduck270

Crossbows vibrate. ALOT. They will always try to work loose. Best thing to do is put Blue Loctite on all the bolts and screws, especially on the scope base and rings.

Latest posts