Crossbow bolts

bowhunter16

I bought my Girlfriend a crossbow last year and she killed her first deer with it, but I have always shot compund bows so I do not know much about cross bows. So I have a few questions. She has a Horton Summit 150 and is shooting a Carbon Express Surge 20" bolt with 100gr. broadheads.The question I have is what bolt can I get to make it shoot a little bit flatter , after 30 yards it doesnt shoot real good.I am guessing the bolt needs to be lighter,and the other question is can i get the bolts where they are not fletched because she wants pink fletchings? Thanks

rem270

I really believe 30 yards is as good as its gonna get with 150lbs. Ive got a team realtree 175 and i shoot the 20" bolts and im good to 35 and then its about 2 inches low at 40.

smokepolehall

150 lb Horton about 260 fps on its best day with a 425 gr arrow 30 yds is as far as its needs to reach, I'm not saying it won't kill a deer past that but the scope needs to be matched well & the shooter best be great yardage estimater or own & have time to range the deer.

wgmac

I could not use carbon bolts with my horton the accuracy sucked went back to aluminum and fixed the problem now its dead on at 20 30 and 40 yards we shoot water ballons just for fun

Latest posts