Cross creeks

Simpleman.2

The cross creeks draw results are out. Preference point for me..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simpleman.2

harley 2008":2zw7qdb4 said:
2 preference points for me.

I thought everyone was dropped back to one preference point now that they went with the new lottery system? If not, I have two also.

Mid-Tenn

Same,

I got the better luck next year E-mail for Cross Creeks.

Although I did draw a permit for Hatchie and another NWR permit for Duck River Bottoms so I will be doing some exploring in the next few weeks.

Simpleman.2

SKFOOTER":lv9088n1 said:
With the new vendor everyone started this year's draw with 0 points. So, if you weren't drawn today you have 1 preference point.

That's what I thought.

Simpleman.2

harley 2008":6re4jabw said:
Either way thats 2 years in a row I didn't get drawn.

Yeah same here. I drew it the very first year I ever put in for it and haven't got it since.

woodswise

well don't be too upset about not drawing Cross Creeks. The biologist that created the earn a buck requirement to reduce the deer herd there was quite successful. The place was once a great hunt but not anymore. I have close friends that own adjoining farms that see very few deer anymore as the herd has been blasted out. They have been having meetings all summer with the federals, TWRA, and politicians to protest the herd destruction. Some of those farms were purchased primarily for deer hunting and it was good until ducks outweighed deer. Those lands were to provide habitat for waterfowl and deer loved the food planted so the herd exploded. It used to be common to see dozens of deer at once in the fields now it's hard to find a track. The best hunting is adjoining private lands property lines where the deer travel, This summer mass crop failures will prevent even that from helping. Hogs are invading the bottoms now as well so if you want to site see go on the non quota muzzle loader.

landman

woodswise":2ulsjtjf said:
well don't be too upset about not drawing Cross Creeks. The biologist that created the earn a buck requirement to reduce the deer herd there was quite successful. The place was once a great hunt but not anymore. I have close friends that own adjoining farms that see very few deer anymore as the herd has been blasted out. They have been having meetings all summer with the federals, TWRA, and politicians to protest the herd destruction. Some of those farms were purchased primarily for deer hunting and it was good until ducks outweighed deer. Those lands were to provide habitat for waterfowl and deer loved the food planted so the herd exploded. It used to be common to see dozens of deer at once in the fields now it's hard to find a track. The best hunting is adjoining private lands property lines where the deer travel, This summer mass crop failures will prevent even that from helping. Hogs are invading the bottoms now as well so if you want to site see go on the non quota muzzle loader.

Spot on post

CC is actually controlled by TN National WFR, that manager has one goal, kill'em All.....even to the point of violating the Operating Plans

TheLBLman

Kinda makes one wonder why they even call it a "Wildlife" Refuge.

The final muzzleloader hunt they have planned should put the nail in the coffin
regarding any remaining resident deer on the "refuge".
Never mind most of the deer killed will be roamers from the neighboring private properties,
which will be especially the case on CC, since it's a long narrow shaped property (unlike much of the TN NWR).

Latest posts