Food Plots crimson clover info

DCA-DEER

Planted for the first time last fall it was pretty all winter and spring now it h is dead is this normal does it come back out just curious don't have any experience with it all input appreciated.

tellico4x4

Crimson is one of the earliest clover to pop in spring. It is also one of the earliest to run its course. Usually lasts 6-8 weeks in spring. If you mix it with Arrowleaf, the Arrowleaf will come on strong about the time Crimson plays out. Arrowleaf will last until it gets hot & dry.

PickettSFHunter

That is normal. If you let it go to seed, you can bushhog it or disk it in in the Early Fall and get a 2nd crop. Ive got some going in fields that I havent replanted with any crimson clover for several years.

primos32

smstone22 said:
That is normal. If you let it go to seed, you can bushhog it or disk it in in the Early Fall and get a 2nd crop. Ive got some going in fields that I havent replanted with any crimson clover for several years.

Definitely do this. Me and one of my hunting partners has a crimson plot going on its 3rd year just from letting it reseed.

Latest posts