Crazy Opener Story

gasman

Attachments

• CE1DDF74-C4B0-4F28-A882-0F4F9C36C292.jpeg
    CE1DDF74-C4B0-4F28-A882-0F4F9C36C292.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 33

kkh325

Specializedjon your Horse's were checking to see if you needed any help hunting. 😁 You just have to really laugh at what happened and try to get your target Buck another day ! Hope you do better on your next hunt.

Specializedjon

Specializedjon your Horse's were checking to see if you needed any help hunting. 😁 You just have to really laugh at what happened and try to get your target Buck another day ! Hope you do better on your next hunt.
You're 100% right. They're good horses and were just wondering what the heck I'm doin in a tent and where the dang snacks were. I'm laughing about it now as I've played in my head a 100 times. I'm just thankful that my irresponsible shot didn't hit him and wound him. THAT would have bummed me out. I shall return.

Specializedjon

Please -whatever you do, no matter how your season goes- Keep us posted

Let me know if you want me to come video you one day, before the rut hits at least. The board would appreciate some HD video of your exploits 👍🏻😉
LOL....you got it brother.

When I was sitting on that stupid bucket, sweating my balls off....I was thinking "this would make a really bad hunting video". The ending however would have went viral for all the wrong reasons. Deer everywhere and a fat, sweaty bald guy running around cussing at horses, flingin arrows at fleeing bucks. Top notch hunting skills on full display 😂

I'll keep y'all posted.

UCStandSitter

You're 100% right. They're good horses and were just wondering what the heck I'm doin in a tent and where the dang snacks were. I'm laughing about it now as I've played in my head a 100 times. I'm just thankful that my irresponsible shot didn't hit him and wound him. THAT would have bummed me out. I shall return.
Better than my day either way. I stayed in because my stomach was all screened up this weekend. Youngest and I both had something, not sure what. While I'm sitting at home not trusting farts, biggest buck I've seen all year pops on cam 10 yds from where I would've been. Double sick…

Specializedjon

Better than my day either way. I stayed in because my stomach was all screened up this weekend. Youngest and I both had something, not sure what. While I'm sitting at home not trusting farts, biggest buck I've seen all year pops on cam 10 yds from where I would've been. Double sick…
Never fails! That sucks. Hope you're feelin better and fartin air again soon bro.

Pilchard

@Pilchard said something like @Specializedjon wanted to go bareback riding and pilchard declined. All I know is pilchard and SpecializedJon wouldn't fit in on Gunsmoke or WagonTrain back in the day. Different type of cowboys from back then and now.
This is false..... But a TRUE story about @Specializedjon...

His favorite icebreaker to use when meeting some one new is to ask them "would you rather" questions. His questions are very elaborate and appear to be based on his personal experience. Here is the one he asked me:

Imagine you are laying naked in the middle of a bed staring at the ceiling. Simultaneously, two people enter the room and lay on each side of you. One is a beautiful woman wearing her birthday suit and the other is a gay guy, also naked, who is very happy to see you. Which way do you turn?

Tn_Va_Hunter

Reminds me of the time a buddy of mine was drawn back on a nice buck and a squirrel jumped in his blind and started up his back. He said he shot the arrow through the roof and torn a new door in the blind trying to get away from the squirrel. Funniest story I've heard. Same guy shot a tree 2 times in a row about 5 inches in diameter shooting at 2 different doe. Shooter77 can tell ya about that one. He was there. Lol

Shooter77

2-Step Enabled
Reminds me of the time a buddy of mine was drawn back on a nice buck and a squirrel jumped in his blind and started up his back. He said he shot the arrow through the roof and torn a new door in the blind trying to get away from the squirrel. Funniest story I've heard. Same guy shot a tree 2 times in a row about 5 inches in diameter shooting at 2 different doe. Shooter77 can tell ya about that one. He was there. Lol
haha!!!! The stories we can tell with stories hunting with him.

Specializedjon

This is false..... But a TRUE story about @Specializedjon...

His favorite icebreaker to use when meeting some one new is to ask them "would you rather" questions. His questions are very elaborate and appear to be based on his personal experience. Here is the one he asked me:

Imagine you are laying naked in the middle of a bed staring at the ceiling. Simultaneously, two people enter the room and lay on each side of you. One is a beautiful woman wearing her birthday suit and the other is a gay guy, also naked, who is very happy to see you. Which way do you turn?
And we're back......

Parks And Recreation Reaction GIF

RockMcL

I'll try and keep this as long as possible.....

Back story: I've been watching the same 8 bucks for the past two months, patterning them. They've come in consistently around 1800, traveling the same direction, all together. Two does with their fawns consistently come in at 1530 and bed down in the shade in the back of the field.

Saturday morning: In the blind at 0445. Two does came in around 0700, walked by at 20 yds. That's the excitement of the morning hunt.

Saturday afternoon: In the blind at 1400, to get ahead of the does that come in at 1530. Check! They walked by and stared at me a half a dozen times and walked off. Sweating my balls off, sitting on a stupid HD bucket with a "hunting cushion lid" (PSA...these suck)

Fast forward to 1730 - 8 doe with fawns in tow come in on my left side, 10 minutes later 3 of the bucks in the bachelor group are following them so I shift myself in the blind thinking they're all coming in...at the same time, my two horses decide to walk out in the field. They're still about 60 yds from my blind. Right at 1800, as predicted, all of my target bucks come out on my right side....heartrate is now at about 160ish.....I whip around and position myself for a 30 yd shot. Just then, my horses decide to walk up and stand in front of the blind and LITERALLY LOOK INSIDE "Hi Dad, whatcha doin". The bucks see this and make a hard left at 50 yds and one by one start jumping the neighbors fence. The 150"+ buck I've been targeting is one of them. I start snorting at them in desperation. He jumped back on to my property and is staring at me at 50+ yds. I need to get him closer to get an ethical shot off. He turns and starts walking away. I had no shot because of the horses, so I jump out of the blind and am standing in the trees, dial in 50 yds on my sight and held on his left shoulder and let'r fly. He jumped as if I may have hit him. Turns out I missed him by 3" low. Freaking shaking and about to murder two horses....I walk back to gather my things and head in. 15 doe and 2 bucks still standing in the field as I walk by them at 40 yds. Not a care in the world...the two bucks finally blew at me and ran off.

I went from sweating my balls off, sore a$$ from 8 hrs on a stupid bucket to 10 minutes of my heart beating out of my throat and a missed opportunity.

That's why its called hunting I guess. Took two beers and about 30 minutes to settle down. We all lived to fight another day. "A bad day hunting is better than a good day at work"

I've got my horses listed in the classifieds if anyone is interested. Free delivery. 🤣
"I'll try and keep this as long as possible....."

Good job...

Loved the story though. How much will you pay to have your horses picked up?