• Help Support TNDeer:

Crawler pickin....pic

catman529

I was at Walmart the other night and stopped to look at the nightcrawlers.... 18 in a container, used to be 24, close to $3 just for that. No way....

Weather was good this evening so I spent only an hour from 10-11pm with a flashlight and caught these -

130921B5-F9E9-4F0C-B78A-E9C78272D50E-16925-00001F9D0267E8B9_zps8114d30e.jpg

Need to buy my license asap!

Nice! I'm gonna have to start digging my own too, cause my normal bait buying place which sold 20 nightcrawlers for $1.50 went out of business...sad day

Walmart used to sell many dead worms, and then the 20+ for $3, but now it's 18 for almost $4. That's just crazy.

during the fall you can flush em out of their holes with black walnuts soaked in water. During the spring their numbers are crazy high! I have been crawler picking in the fall a few times with limited success and tonight was by far the most successful crawler picking trip I have made and it only lasted an hour. They were everywhere... I probably caught, and this is a rough guess, 1 worm to 15 that got away, probably more.

Total count is 71 worms, almost all full sized european night crawlers!

F6CC1315-9B6F-475D-B0B2-518BB7A0532E-16976-00001FA0A18FC9AB_zps3e1f69fc.jpg

I'm gonna have to try that walnut trick, cause we have 3 walnut trees in the yard.

And you need to get your license and start drowning some worms for sure lol.

I will just go without the license and when the warden comes up to check me I will say "no sir I am just teaching my pet worms to swim" lol

Buzzard Breath said:
catman529 said:
You eating them? Does your mom know what your using the good silverware for? :grin:
lol I mixed the dirt with the fork and then realized what it looked like when I posted the pic

A/M/G said:
So you just pour the walnut water on the ground? Why cant you do it in the spring
there are no fresh walnuts in the spring. Need the green hulls to make the juice

catman529 said:
I will just go without the license and when the warden comes up to check me I will say "no sir I am just teaching my pet worms to swim" lol

:D nice! And if you had some fish with you just say "Those are my pet fish that will just swim back in the bucket once I dump them out" then act clueless lol

Some good looking spaghetti!

I potted 60 trees/ plants in the back yard this winter and discovered yesterday that there is about 4 to 5 worms under each pot when I pick them up. So when are we going fishing?

Bayou Buck said:
Some good looking spaghetti!

I potted 60 trees/ plants in the back yard this winter and discovered yesterday that there is about 4 to 5 worms under each pot when I pick them up. So when are we going fishing?
When I buy my license... :D should get it in the next couple days

Latest posts

Back