Coyote Question

barkscaler

Opening day of muzzleloader I seen what I thought was someones pet dog coming across a field.The next morning I seen it again,only this time it was with two coyotes.I started wondering if it was a domestic/coyote breed,a house dog running with coyotes,or a rare color phase trophy coyote.I seen it again a few days later and shot right over its back with the muzzleloader.I didn't see it again until last Saturday,and couldn't get a shot.This thing has an orangeish coat,a white face,white legs,white under belly,and a white tip on its tail.All the white on it is as snow white as could be.It looks,moves,and acts like a coyote.What do ya'll think it is,and if you shot it,would you mount it?Oh yeah its the size of a female coyote.I hope to have kill pics soon.

barkscaler

TheRealSpurhunter said:
Shoot first, ask questions later. I have never, ever heard of coyotes accepting a domestic dog into their group, they usually kill first, ask questions later. ;)

Yeah,thats what I was thinking.Domestic dogs are prey.I've also heard of them breeding with domestic dogs too.I'm putting up a trailcam tomorrow,so atleast I might get a pic of it if I don't kill it.

Wildcat

Well my next door neighbor's dog got out one day and when we called her back she came down the pasture with two coyotes behind her. She was in heat at the time so that could have something to do with it.

Yotekiller011

Yote's are dogs of the extreme predator kind. They will kill domestic and their own if out of pack. But will breed with domestic, that's why so many Coy's exist in the suburbs. It has a lot to do with food available at the time. Most of all their survivors.

Latest posts