Coyote baiting legal?

ROVERBOY

I would think a natural opportunity. They don't a lot of times last long though. I put a camera on a gut pile last season and got a Red Tailed hawk, a bunch of crows and some buzzards. They cleaned it up nice.

mike243

As long as you don't move it it would be legal, might not be if you moved it but nobody would prosecute lol , In Crossville the gut pile will be gone in a very few hours as the vultures find them quickly, had a pile gone in less than 1 hour and very little blood left, them birds are hungry critters

DoubleRidge

As long as you don't move it it would be legal, might not be if you moved it but nobody would prosecute lol , In Crossville the gut pile will be gone in a very few hours as the vultures find them quickly, had a pile gone in less than 1 hour and very little blood left, them birds are hungry critters

That's what amazes me...the lack of anything...you said very little blood....I've checked a gut pile site the next day and other than the grass and weeds being matted down you would have never known there was a gut pile there... it's crazy how well the critters clean up.

jlanecr500

Put deer scraps, blood, etc from deer processing into a 5 gallon bucket with a piece of rope looped on the end burried in the bucket. Finish filling with water to fill the voids. Put it in the freezer. Once solid, remove from the freezer and take to your chosed coyote hunting site. Dump the frozen slug out of the bucket. You might have to pour some warm water over the bucket to make it let go. Hang the slug from a tree limb via the rope frozen in it. You just deployed a baitcicle
They work awesome and depending on Temps, can last for days.

TraumaSlave

Put deer scraps, blood, etc from deer processing into a 5 gallon bucket with a piece of rope looped on the end burried in the bucket. Finish filling with water to fill the voids. Put it in the freezer. Once solid, remove from the freezer and take to your chosed coyote hunting site. Dump the frozen slug out of the bucket. You might have to pour some warm water over the bucket to make it let go. Hang the slug from a tree limb via the rope frozen in it. You just deployed a baitcicle
They work awesome and depending on Temps, can last for days.
That is a fantastic idea except, my dog runs the property and doesn't need to get in that mess.

Latest posts