Couple more upgrades

Smoke

I ain't getting any younger and climbing down off the bow to the trailer was getting old, especially when my back was giving me fits. Messaged BotEFX to make sure their trailer steps would fit my trailer and got my order in. Got a boost step a couple weeks ago so I don't have to climb in the boat to reach something in front compartments. Steps arrived today and I didn't waste any time getting them put on. If course you can't just try em out in the driveway so off to the lake I went. It was absolutely pouring rain when I loaded boat back on trailer and it was so nice not climbing over the side and hoping my foot found the trailer and didn't slide off.
IMG_20240523_182854652.jpg

IMG_20240522_175622963_HDR.jpg

Kirk

Looks good. I have seriously been thinking about adding the steps to my trailer. The only thing that is stopping me is handle height. I only have 80 inches of height on garage door opening to back in the boat in the basement. I already have to lower boat motor to get it to clear. Once I get that figured out I will be ordering some.

Smoke

Looks good. I have seriously been thinking about adding the steps to my trailer. The only thing that is stopping me is handle height. I only have 80 inches of height on garage door opening to back in the boat in the basement. I already have to lower boat motor to get it to clear. Once I get that figured out I will be ordering some.
I have to lower my motor and power poles to get mine in. Haven't tried putting it up yet. Letting it dry out after the monsoon last night. They say it will fit 7 foot garage doors so it'd be close for you

TNReb

Looks good! I figure it's just a matter of time before I trip over my trolling motor or graphs and bust my butt at the ramp.

East TN Bowhunter

My dad got a set of steps with a handle bolted on to his trailer where he can still remove it or slide it if need be and he got it because he has some health issues with his back and legs and can't get into the boat. Turns out I like it just as much as he does! Steps are awesome and you don't realize just how nice it is until you have them.

mayberryrick

I ain't getting any younger and climbing down off the bow to the trailer was getting old, especially when my back was giving me fits. Messaged BotEFX to make sure their trailer steps would fit my trailer and got my order in. Got a boost step a couple weeks ago so I don't have to climb in the boat to reach something in front compartments. Steps arrived today and I didn't waste any time getting them put on. If course you can't just try em out in the driveway so off to the lake I went. It was absolutely pouring rain when I loaded boat back on trailer and it was so nice not climbing over the side and hoping my foot found the trailer and didn't slide off.
View attachment 228878
View attachment 228879

Let's see a side view of that boat! Love that model of Stratos….

Smoke

Just remember….
View attachment 229613
Spoken by a guy that has a plate and 6 screws in my forearm from falling out of my center console. I'm looking for something that will fit and work. Congrats
That's what I was afraid was going to happen to me. Did something to my back and it would be fine until I got in certain positions then would start spasming. Of course it was happening about every time I went to get down off front of boat and I was lucky I didn't roll off. I've used the steps on a couple trips now and they're worth every penny.

Last edited:

Latest posts