Couldn’t Be a More Proud Dad!

Stlbaseball1

Long story short, in 2021 when Kade was 6 and preparing for juvenile Turkey season we had a shooting accident where his thumb got caught in the action and nearly cut the tip of it off. It was 110% my fault. I'd never taught a kid to shoot, much less my own kid and I learned attention to detail is of most importance. To say he was terrified would be a major understatement. I honestly wondered if he would ever shoot again. Our family is a hunting family. We hunt lots of game and I hated the thought of him not participating over something that was my fault, but from that point forward I vowed to myself not to pressure him. Since that day he's been with me hunting different stuff but never a desire to shoot. Perfectly fine. This year he told me he thought he would like to try and shoot a turkey on juvenile (music to my ears)! His grandad suggested he use his 20 gauge Remington 870 pump with the stock cut off which removed any fear or hesitation about the action.
The three of us, my son, me, and my father in law (his grandad) were fortunate enough to share a hunt this morning. This ended up being a hunt that all of us will never forget! At 9:35 he shot his first turkey - a 18.2 lb, 9 inch beard, and 1 inch spurred gobbler that we will never forget! A 20 yd shot with not even a flop. The only time I've been more proud is when he accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior! Thank God for the wild Turkey and for the memories of a lifetime that the great outdoors provide!

Last edited:

Stlbaseball1

7B497F74-A6E1-4EC6-92E5-14C5076DCC3F.jpeg

Latest posts