Cougar/ mountain lion

Mr. Hawk

I had a guy tell me today that he saw a cougar in putnam county near Cordell hull lake. He said it wasn't a bobcat but a cougar. Is this possible?

rem2506

best I remember there was a guy on martins creek that had some pretty weird stuff (animals) when I use to hunt down there.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
There are many many reports of sightings every year all over the state of TN.

There are even a few pictures that pop up every year.
Most are VERY poor photoshop altered pics, or turn out to be from different states that a very quick google search can prove not to be taken in TN.

One thing is for sure, someone that thinks they saw one is very hard to convince otherwise.

tailchaser

I will be around C H rabbit hunting today,will let you know if one is there,well maybe not If ya'll don't here from me anymore then the answer is yes.

fitzu

Ok, guys do you not think it possible for one of these cats to be in Tennessee, think about how many bobcats are in the state, and how often do you see one, i am:)64 years old and i grew up in LBL, in my life time i saw two back in the 60,s no dought what so ever in my mind. I worked for TVA for 35 years a lot of time in LBL, i have had more than one TVA police officer tell me they to have seen mountain lions in LBL while on duty, all this said, i dont think i know yes these cats are in this State

bbuck14

fitzu said:
Ok, guys do you not think it possible for one of these cats to be in Tennessee, think about how many bobcats are in the state, and how often do you see one, i am:)64 years old and i grew up in LBL, in my life time i saw two back in the 60,s no dought what so ever in my mind. I worked for TVA for 35 years a lot of time in LBL, i have had more than one TVA police officer tell me they to have seen mountain lions in LBL while on duty, all this said, i dont think i know yes these cats are in this State

Looks like one of them died!

BSK

fitzu said:
Ok, guys do you not think it possible for one of these cats to be in Tennessee

No. Not yet.

But when they do make their way into TN (and they will, eventually), it will mostly likely be along the TN River, so LBL would be first.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
Anything is possible.With all the livestock across the state pretty sure we will know when one makes it's home here.If they find a good food source they're going to return and leave evidence somewhere. IE tracks,body remains,scat,ect.
The proof is in the pudding. :)

Latest posts