Corn

striperhunter90

i have a place where there are very few turkey on. However there are turkey all around on surrounding property. so i was thinking of throwing some corn out. Do yall prefer corn or scratch? i know corn is 8.50 compared to scratch at 13.50

Grizzly Johnson

I'd use whole corn if that is what you want.... "scratch" corn is busted up and will act like a sponge with water/rain.... it will mold/mildew.... which can also kill turkeys according to what I have read posted on here before. Whole corn would be more resistant as it's still a whole kernel.

Boll Weevil

Youth season is only 15 days away; if you plan on legally huting that area that's only 5 days for the birds to totally clean it up. Regular season is only 12 days remaining to eat it all.

I'll 2nd the wheat recommendation. The turkeys will love it, other critters aren't as likely to mess with it, and what isn't eaten will certainly sprout by then.

striperhunter90

Boll Weevil said:
Youth season is only 15 days away; if you plan on legally huting that area that's only 5 days for the birds to totally clean it up. Regular season is only 12 days remaining to eat it all.

I'll 2nd the wheat recommendation. The turkeys will love it, other critters aren't as likely to mess with it, and what isn't eaten will certainly sprout by then.
Wont be hunting it until the 2 week of season so i think it will be good. i believe ill try the wheat

J-WO

Crack corn has worked best for Turkeys for me,because it tends to last longer. Like some others said, make sure its gone way before you hunt near it.