cordell's slot limit stinks!

mathews338

i love fishin Cordell but there are not as many tournaments now and if someone does put one on, very few people even show up

fished the tuesday evening tour out of granville (5 to 8) and come in 2nd, you can only keep 2 under 17 and 1 over 23

we caught about 20 fish during the 3 hours and 3 were in the slot, 1 was 22" and 2 were 18", the 4 we got to take to the scales were about 16" and weighed 7.33lbs

Rowdy

I'm not a tourny fisherman, so I guess I'll just ask a stupid question. If everyone is subject to the same rules, whats the problem? At least you had fun, and caught some pretty fair fish. Congrats on 2nd, thats not bad!!!

mathews338

Rowdy said:
I'm not a tourny fisherman, so I guess I'll just ask a stupid question. If everyone is subject to the same rules, whats the problem? At least you had fun, and caught some pretty fair fish. Congrats on 2nd, thats not bad!!!
the problem is people don't come to tournaments, if there is one and there is less money in the pot

being on big fish (which is what tournaments are about) does you no good now

but it was still fun. heck the best 5 went about 19 or 20 pounds, just wish you could weigh them in

Winchester

stik said:
less tourneys is a good thing for those of us that just want to fish.
No its not, you have no idea the amount of money that Tournaments put into the resource.

Rowdy

mathews338 said:
Rowdy said:
the problem is people don't come to tournaments, if there is one and there is less money in the pot

[color:#FF0000]Someone would have to explain the mentality behind this...
Do you mean, unless they can weigh in BIG fish, its not a tournament?[/color]
[color:#FF0000]Somebody's still gonna have the most weight (within the slot)[/color]

being on big fish (which is what tournaments are about) does you no good now

[color:#FF0000]I don't understand....I thought weight was the deciding factor[/color]

but it was still fun. heck the best 5 went about 19 or 20 pounds, just wish you could weigh them in

[color:#FF0000]Right on!!! If it ain't fun...why do it!!! [/color]

mossyhorns300

I think he's just trying to say that it's not fun to watch a weigh in where everyone is weighing in 12-14 inch fish. Another thing about the slot limit.....Yeah, it's the same for everyone, but it sucks to get beat by a guy weighing in a limit of 12 inch fish that weigh 4.5 lbs and you go out and catch a limit of 20 inch fish that weighs 20 lbs, but you can't weigh them in because the slot limit is 16-21 inches or whatever it may be. You caught the better sack, but get beat because of the slot limit. That's exactly what happened to me last year on Enid in Mississippi. I understand both sides though.

Rowdy

mossyhorns300 said:
I think he's just trying to say that it's not fun to watch a weigh in where everyone is weighing in 12-14 inch fish. Another thing about the slot limit.....Yeah, it's the same for everyone, but it sucks to get beat by a guy weighing in a limit of 12 inch fish that weigh 4.5 lbs and you go out and catch a limit of 20 inch fish that weighs 20 lbs, but you can't weigh them in because the slot limit is 16-21 inches or whatever it may be. You caught the better sack, but get beat because of the slot limit. That's exactly what happened to me last year on Enid in Mississippi. I understand both sides though.
I hear ya...I guess you'd just have to avoid tourny's on those lakes.

jakeway

mathews338 said:
stik said:
tours don't hurt you at all, at least you know all the fish caught in it will be put back

My only complaint with tournies is several times I got to the public boat ramp on the one day per week I can fish, and there are 300 trucks and 150 boats all hanging around the ramps waiting for the starting gun. Can't find a place to park, can't put my boat in the water, basically can't enjoy the day.

I'd have no problem with it at all if they did everything at a private ramp and/or lake. Or put the boats in and then motor off a short ways to congregate before the start.

mossyhorns300

Rowdy said:
mossyhorns300 said:
I hear ya...I guess you'd just have to avoid tourny's on those lakes.

Ditto Rowdy. You hit the nail on the head. I think that could be the very reason for the decline in entries on those lakes.

stik

mathews338 said:
stik said:
tours don't hurt you at all, at least you know all the fish caught in it will be put back

when you have 3 tourneys with 200 boats it IS a problem.and up to 70% of the returned fish die after being beat around in a livewell all day.

BowGirl said:
stik have you ever thrown a fish back? lol

i don't keep bass or stripers.

Winchester said:
stik said:
No its not, you have no idea the amount of money that Tournaments put into the resource.

locals and non-tourney traveling fishermen put in much more. and have to put up with the rude(not all but many)tourney fishermen that think they own the lake because they are fishing a tourney. i used to fish tourneys but it took the fun out of fishing and made it work.

mathews338

stik said:
mathews338 said:
stik said:

when you have 3 tourneys with 200 boats it IS a problem.and up to 70% of the returned fish die after being beat around in a livewell all day.

BowGirl said:
stik have you ever thrown a fish back? lol

i don't keep bass or stripers.

Winchester said:
stik said:

locals and non-tourney traveling fishermen put in much more. and have to put up with the rude(not all but many)tourney fishermen that think they own the lake because they are fishing a tourney. i used to fish tourneys but it took the fun out of fishing and made it work.
when i'm in a tour i'm fighting the crowd same as you

i do not agree that 70% die in the livewells

just as many RUDE non-tourneys on the lake, works both ways!

Latest posts