Cold weather gloves

Kybowhunter64

Ive been looking online at bunch of different brands of gloves. Question for you bow hunters out there. Whats the best gloves yall have found for late season bow hunting? I only hunt from a treestand an havent ever had any luck keeping my hands or my feet warm. I always wear my LaCrosse alphaburly boots. You fellas that also wear rubber boots which boots/socks do yall wear to keep your feet warm while stand hunting or blind hunting? I really appreciate it fellas!!

chunkandwind

I hate wearing gloves so I use the hand warmer that straps around your waste and the Thermocell rechargeable hand/pocket warmer. For my feet it's silk skiing socks with Merino wool socks over them and Muck boots.

Mike Belt

I wear gloves on the ride or walk in. Once on stand I take them off and keep my hands in my pockets with a couple of disposable hand warmers. It usually doesn't take long to get a shot off so my hands aren't exposed to the cold for long.

Z3Muzzy

While in stand jersey gloves with finger tops cut out and leave hands in pockets till time to shoot. Double layer for extra warmth.
Boots are original Burlys with one pair cotton socks then thick wool socks from Mack's.

TheLBLman

On stand, very lightweight (thin) merino wool liner gloves.
As much as possible, I keep my hands in a pocket, and there is a disposable hand-warmer in those pockets.

In very cold weather, I may go to a little heavier weight wool glove.
In rainy weather, may go to a lightweight (non-insulated) Gore-Tex glove,
but usually just wear wool gloves even in rain.

About those hand-warmers, I like the 18-24-hr ones.
They put out twice the heat as the 6-10-hr ones.
You can zip them up in a zip-lock sandwich bag around mid-morning (if not needed),
then reuse them later in the afternoon, and maybe even the next morning.
Or if opened for an afternoon hunt, zip them up, and still use same ones next morning.

Z3Muzzy":39wl17xk said:
. . . . cotton socks . . . .
:?: Allergic to wool or silk?

scn

I've used a bunch over the years trying to find the "right" one. I keep returning to the Army surplus wool glove liners. They are cheap, and even when they get wet they retain some warmth.

Another decent alternative are some of the "glomitts" where the mitten part folds back leaving the fingers free. If you stick one of the small size handwarmers in the folded back mitten section, you can keep some pretty warm hands even with fingers exposed.

FTG-05

Walmart used to sell polar fleece no-name gloves years ago for a rediculous amount of money, something like $2/pair or such. Very warm even when wet but not windproof. Another downside was they weren't work gloves, but for hunting only they worked fine. I think I still have one pair that I keep and use.

TNReb

Gloves just don't keep my hands warm (and no boots keep my feet warm). Best thing I can do for my hands while on stand is no gloves, and a hand muff thing with Hot Hands inside it. They get cold when using binoculars and such, but I just put up with it, then stick them back inside and warm them back up.

Matador

Heavy gloves riding 4 wheeler and usually the Army surplus wool gloves on stand. If real cold, I use a couple of handwarmers.

TheLBLman

TNReb":1o5mjww3 said:
Gloves just don't keep my hands warm (and no boots keep my feet warm).
To make your cold feet warm,
get you some Arctic Shield boot blankets (you can carry a pair in a coat pocket),
then place an 18-hr handwarmer in each BEFORE you pull them over your booted feet.
I believe you will no longer have cold feet.

DaveB

For my hands I wear a gloves wiht a wool liner. I also wear a muff around my waist with a hand warmer pocket.

I have a lot of circulation trouble with my feet.

There is a hot-hands-like warmer just for your boots. Saw it here,,,found it at walmart, tried it.

I went back to walmart and bought the remaining inventory. Only thing that works for me, I hoe you try them.

TNReb

TheLBLman":13phok13 said:
TNReb":13phok13 said:
Gloves just don't keep my hands warm (and no boots keep my feet warm).
To make your cold feet warm,
get you some Arctic Shield boot blankets (you can carry a pair in a coat pocket),
then place an 18-hr handwarmer in each BEFORE you pull them over your booted feet.
I believe you will no longer have cold feet.
I have some. I may try pre-warming them like that. Thanks!

TheLBLman

TNReb":zp6309c8 said:
I may try pre-warming them like that.
Place a warmer in each boot blanket, then place the boot blankets in a pocket (or pack, enclosed in something).
Do this before you start walking in.
By the time you put them on, the boot blankets should be nice & toasty,
and will quickly warm the outside of your cold boots, as well as your toes.

Doing this has allowed me to wear much lighter boots in cold weather.
Works well on a deer stand, but you shouldn't walk in them more than a few steps.

Hunter 257W

I can't stand gloves when i have to shoot. Even the light weight Jersey style gloves are too thick for my liking and don't let me feel the trigger as much as I like. I wear the mosquito net camo gloves no matter how cold it is and hold a Hot Hands heat pack in each hand to stay warm. If it's really cold I might keep my hands in my pockets too. I'm always thinking of how I'm going to make the shot and the fact that it could come at any moment.

Kybowhunter64

I appreciate all the help. Most the time thats what i do like some of yall said, dot wear gloves just keep my hands in my pockets with a couple hot hands. Thats helped me more than anything. But i'll have to give the boot blankets a try an see how they help. Has any of you fellas ever tried any of the heated socks pr gloves or even the heated base layers? The battery heated ones? I saw several different brands of them an wondered if they work very good

Mr_TTT2

Ive done different setups for hands, thin gloves +hand warmers, two sets of gloves and hand warmers, etc... I'm at the point that nothing works well. Been so cold that except for where hand warmer was touching, everything else was cold in on my hands. Feet are bad but not as bad as hands. I'm going to try a hand muff waist thing this year with bunch of warmers. Its funny when 20 feet up cold equals pain. I could stay out in woods all day sitting, but my hands/feet bring me in. One tip, helps avoid the pain a little longer, avoid touching anything metal. So in gun season, I rest my gun on my climber.

infoman jr.

Attachments

• HH.PNG
    HH.PNG
    52.8 KB · Views: 385

Latest posts