CLose Tom

Whild_Bill

WOw what a hunt had a big ol Tom walk over me it was crazy. I had very little cover in a hardwood bottom very open woods and he litterally flew down and almost landed on me. I had gotten in real early and knew i had gotten way too close to roosted birds so all i coiuld do to not sound like a person stomping in the woods at dark was to crawl slowly to a bush and I scratched in and covered my self in leaves. they way i was facing i couldnt see them but they gobbled a few times on the roost. I hear them fly down and one litterallly pitches down within three feet of me and then he litteraly walks over my stomach I let him get to 8- 10 yards out I raise up to shoot and he flys off. No bird but best hunt ever!

Southern Sportsman

I assume you are using "literally" correctly, in which case, that's WILD. Though it would have been stupid, I think I might have instinctively tried to grab him when he stepped over me.

Where you hunting?

ROVERBOY

I had one that close one morning but, he was behind me strutting and drumming. Couldn't get turned around.

Latest posts