Close call...

tree_ghost

Well I got back home from Ga yesterday afternoon and decided to head to the back yard and go through some shooting drills. I knocked and arrow, came to full draw, anchored, aimed, relaxed the hand and....BOOM!!! Arrow goes tumbling, string slaps my arm, and my bow derailed [emoji33]. After I gathered my nerves back I began the detective work of trying to figure out why my equipment malfunctioned. Immediately I went to the limbs thinking I blew one up. Nope limbs are in good shape. So I think hmmm has got to be a bent cam. Nope cams look good. Next I retrieve my arrow...BINGO. I must have had a crack in it right under my vanes because that's where it broke...it would also explain why I didn't see it or hear it when I flex tested my arrow. I learned a valuable lesson with this experience. It's easy to be complacent when you shoot as much as I do but that complacency could end up getting me very hurt! Take time and inspect your equipment before EVERY shot! Even the first one [emoji3]
f3f8bdcb1a91d97f618f96889121e175.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNDeerGuy

Man, I'm glad you're okay--that could've been really, really bad! I would go over those limbs with a loose cotton balls and a magnifying glass at every angle possible.

tree_ghost

TNDeerGuy":136ehiz0 said:
Man, I'm glad you're okay--that could've been really, really bad! I would go over those limbs with a loose cotton balls and a magnifying glass at every angle possible.

Hey how quickly could energywave get me a set of strings? Do you have contact info?

tree_ghost

Just got off the phone with Matt. Great guy to talk to and he will have me a set of custom made strings within 48 hours of my order! Looks like I'll make the 3d shoot this weekend after all...given I don't have a bent cam or stripped pillow block screw...

Os2 Outdoors

tree_ghost":p3auzqk4 said:
Just got off the phone with Matt. Great guy to talk to and he will have me a set of custom made strings within 48 hours of my order! Looks like I'll make the 3d shoot this weekend after all...given I don't have a bent cam or stripped pillow block screw...

Chace where you shooting this weekend?

Not sure I can pull away from turkey killing but shooting my bow already peaks my interest lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

tree_ghost

Os2 Outdoors":1j048e1c said:
tree_ghost":1j048e1c said:

Chace where you shooting this weekend?

Not sure I can pull away from turkey killing but shooting my bow already peaks my interest lol

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Tullahoma. Lakeside archery.