Climbing Stand

yamaha200

This year will be the first year I have hunted out of a climbing stand in 9 years. I have hunted on the ground some with the kids, and in a lock on stand a few times, and in permanent stands we have built. Going to feel weird climbing again. I have a older model Loggy Bouy, and also the newer version of the same stand that is made like the summits. The summit type is really comfy. Probably use that one.I will be using it at President Island !

double browtine

I have an old baker you can borrow. Just kiddin, those things are a death trap. When i went to ensley about 7 years ago it was hard to find a good straight tree that didnt have limbs. If you are available to scout on the day before the hunt you may want to carry one of those cheap ladder stands in your truck just in case. And i cant stress enough the need for a thermacell.

yamaha200

I will have a thermacell ! I am going to take a couple lock on stand as well, with climbing sticks. I want to be able to hang a stand any where I find a spot, I can do that with the lock on stands. Can hide better with them as well in my opinion, get up in between good tree cover.

Poleaxe

double browtine said:
I have an old baker you can borrow. Just kiddin, those things are a death trap.

Baker. Haha. Lmao. If he doesnt have the belly scars from taking a "Baker Slide" no need in introducing him now. I saw one for sale on ebay a while back for $20. They shouldve paid someone $20 to come take it off their hands.

yamaha200

Poleaxe said:
double browtine said:
I have an old baker you can borrow. Just kiddin, those things are a death trap.

Baker. Haha. Lmao. If he doesnt have the belly scars from taking a "Baker Slide" no need in introducing him now. I saw one for sale on ebay a while back for $20. They shouldve paid someone $20 to come take it off their hands.
I was smart enough to know years ago not to get in a Baker, and I think I am smarter now, then I was then. Want be in no Baker stand for sure !

Latest posts