Clethodim?

Football Hunter

Got a gallon from the co op and just wondering the best way to use it?They acted a little weird about talking specifics.Online,it said it was only for Wash,Utah,Idaho?Something like that,but they said they sell it to food plot guys all the time.

Ill be using a 15 gallon 4 wheeler sprayer,and have suffricant sp? What mix would you use?

I have a witches brew of grasses......Johnson Grass,Jap grass,nut sedge,bermuda,fescue,probably a few more.What should I expect to kill?

Mainly,what is a good mix to kill grass and not clover?

Thanks

memfuzz

I use it at 1 pint clethodim plus 1 pint crop oil per acre. Mow then wait about two weeks, you want the grass actively growing, then spray. Clethodim won't kill quick, you will see the grasses turn reddish and then fade away over a period of a few weeks. My experience with it anyway.

MWoodard

It kills johnson grass but it will not kill nut grass.I have been using 1 oz each to the gallon and spot spraying with good results.

TNlandowner

I used my 60-gallon sprayer to treat two clover plots and a 5-acre sawtooth / nutall reforestation area. I used the higher end of the recommended solution due to the amount of growing grasses. From memory, the rate was 8 oz per acre, but I'll check the label before using Clethodim again.

I was impressed by the results, but need to spray again now. Fescue has shot up everywhere the Johnson Grasses were growing.

PickettSFHunter

I like to go on the high side of the recommended dosages. Especially this late with more mature grasses that arent near as tender and susceptible as they were in the Spring. 16 ounces per acre plus 1 pint crop oil. Should kill what you listed besides nut sedge, nut sedge isnt a grass.

Football Hunter

smstone22 said:
I like to go on the high side of the recommended dosages. Especially this late with more mature grasses that arent near as tender and susceptible as they were in the Spring. 16 ounces per acre plus 1 pint crop oil. Should kill what you listed besides nut sedge, nut sedge isnt a grass.
Nut sedge is from HELL I think!

8 POINTS OR BETTER

Football Hunter said:
8 POINTS OR BETTER said:
I had good results with 1.3 oz per gal. of each. I would wait until the highs during the days were in the 80's.
To lessen the chance of harming the clover?

yep.

I put 1.3 oz of each per gal. and use about 12.5 gal per acre. Which equals about 16 oz of each per acre.

AlabamaSwamper

I used it after seeing Steven talk about it. This spring I put 10oz per acre (correct me Steven if that is wrong) with crop oil and it made fescue and johnson grass vanish. As they said, may take more this time of year.

I know it worked which is all I cared about.

Truedouble

Football Hunter said:
Got a gallon from the co op and just wondering the best way to use it?They acted a little weird about talking specifics.Online,it said it was only for Wash,Utah,Idaho?Something like that,but they said they sell it to food plot guys all the time.

Ill be using a 15 gallon 4 wheeler sprayer,and have suffricant sp? What mix would you use?

I have a witches brew of grasses......Johnson Grass,Jap grass,nut sedge,bermuda,fescue,probably a few more.What should I expect to kill?

Mainly,what is a good mix to kill grass and not clover?

Thanks

I think it is a much more diluted rate than gly. We've sprayed it the past two years on our sunflowers. I know the container we got was not very big and we sprayed 5-6 acres this year and last year before running out. I want to say 2 oz. per gallon...I've heard it is great for clover.

now that I read the other responses I see you have an answer...but you don't use much. Our johnson grass was dead and brown after two weeks. Always seemed to work as quickly as gly, but weather and the stage the grass your trying to kill is in can impact how long it takes and how good of a kill you end up with.

Latest posts