Christmas Eve hunt

catman529

Didn't see a darn thing. Just a squirrel here and there, woods were very quiet. Took the trail cam back with me, not many pics and more at night than day, and the day pics were all in the morning. Haven't hunted that spot in a week or two and had not hunted there in the evening since bow opener.

I plan to hunt a little tomorrow afternoon and then hurry home to grill deer poppers for the family. Merry Xmas

Mike Belt

Times running out. It'll be another year before you get to squeeze the trigger again so hit it hard between now and close. I think there are a couple of good bucks still to be had.

Meanwhile enjoy the Holidays and I hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas. Enjoy those poppers.

catman529

Goldwing said:
Got my first deer today. A doe, but it's meat. Merry Christmas!
congrats on your first! You won't forget it. I will never forget seeing that lil baby 5 pt right behind me, look at me and then continue on his quest for a doe without a care in the world. Then the death run as I blew a bullet through at 8 yards. Will never forget that and I hunted those same woods just yesterday morning, looked at the tree I sat under and remembered the hunt. Hope you kill many more...

Super8

Cut corn Fields is where they are here..both at sun up and before sundown. A dozen deer at a time picking in the fields.

catman529

Super8 said:
Cut corn Fields is where they are here..both at sun up and before sundown. A dozen deer at a time picking in the fields.
It can be different on public land. Everyone wants to sit on cut cornfields so the deer pick up on it

Latest posts