Chitterlings

Purple Onion

Boiled with 1 whole Purple Onion,1 cup of Vinegar and 1 White potato until tender.

Mixed 3 eggs and flour until desired thickness.
The thicker the more batter

deep fry until golden brown.

Hot Sauce is optional

Served with white beans and hush puppies
Boiled and Fried are delicious

JohnnyBond

My dad used to take them cooked and drained and packed them in a plastic bread container. I mean stuff it solid and put the lid on and put them in the refrigerator and next day take it slice like souse and eat it on bread with hot sauce....

Now I tell I love them but I ain't never had them that way...

Oh as far cooking them "Do not cook these indoors... The vinegar will help the smell..... :grin:

mike243

i was at a customers house to fix a fridge,across the room was a stove with a pot on it,i smelled pure grade Shat ,it was a black woman in her late 60,s big as the couch she was setting on,i would hold my breath as long as i could & then go to the van for a part,after several trips out i told her i was thru,she said honey eyess sorry abouts dat smell eyessss cookin chitlins & i knew rite then i would starve to death before i ever ate them & if you didnt eat the pan you made them in ya better throw it out cause i dont think it would ever come clean :) mike243

JohnnyBond

place Milan Tn serves them on Tuesday nights. The name of the place is called HIGGS. They specialize in Catfish.

Lots of people there on Tuesday's night in the fall

Efhutton

I know a guy that went to a chitterling supper for his first try at em. He had been drinkin whiskey that afternoon before and at the supper.He eat a few and got to burping chitterlings and the old charter. He told me that he aint never been as sick as he was that night. Last time for him

Latest posts