Chinese rage broadhead

Beaver86

Started experimenting with less expensive broadheads and came across rages on eBay 12 for $12 shipped. First 2 shots deer went 75-100 yards with great blood trails. Haven't cleaned the heads up but they don't appear damaged. They rattle a little but not enough to matter. Top deer shows exit and bottom is entrance. Anyone else tried them or had any luck with other knockoffs?

Attachments

• IMG_9622.JPG
    IMG_9622.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 3,057

Simpleman.2

I've got the exact same ones. The rattling noise did concern me a little but I don't believe it's enough to spook a deer. I have yet to shoot one with them but I will definitely report back if I do. Gonna go in the morning and see if I can't get me one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PillsburyDoughboy

I got some too and did some testing. Could not get them to fly straight worth a darn. Whats the trick? What trick am I missing other than the target?

Beaver86

You got me there. Maybe a bow/arrow tune issue? I didn't shoot one for practice but shots were around 25 and 32 yards and best I can remember they hit where I was aiming. Now that you mention it I'm about to go shoot one.

PillsburyDoughboy

Beaver86":2ze9agah said:
You got me there. Maybe a bow/arrow tune issue? I didn't shoot one for practice but shots were around 25 and 32 yards and best I can remember they hit where I was aiming. Now that you mention it I'm about to go shoot one.
I dont have any problem with my field points or with my Grim Reapers. I have had issues with fixed Broad Heads shooting to a different point of impact but they shoot same bug hole groups. I just have to adjust my sights if I want to shoot Fixed so I just shoot the Grim Reapers. I could not get the Chinese Rage to shoot. I have no interest in them other than the price. If I could get them to shoot I would switch. I just wondered if there was something you were suppose to do to them. Set them in certain position before shooting or what??

Beaver86

Just shot the target a couple times and it flys same as field PT at 30 yds. Also I washed the heads up that killed the deer and they are both in rough shape. I'd say they are looking like a one and done head which has been my luck even with the namebrand expandables.

Crow Terminator

My buddy is using the same heads. He loves them. Killed 3 with them last year and already 1 this year. Says everything has fell in sight and gore holes look like yours in the pic.

UTGrad

Lots of folks on Archery Talk swear by them and they have a pretty good track record. 12 heads for that cheap price if the head is toast after a clean kill it's not a big loss IMO.

Simpleman.2

Check out my thread labeled "Best birthday to date" in the serious deer hunting Talk forum. All 6 of those deer taken were killed with these broadheads. Only two made it out of sight and they barely went 100yrds. Blood everywhere. I'm a believer.

Latest posts