Cherokee lake near Bean Station

Blue5

Any advice for fishing Cherokee lake near Bean Station. We will be there Saturday through Thursday. Best ramp to launch? Any advice appreciated. Never even seen it .

sll

Kind of a loaded question. What species are you targeting? The bite on most species is tough right now as the water level is a lot higher right now than it normally is for this time of year and the water temps are still in the mid-70's. Are you planning on daytime or night fishing? If you are staying in Bean Station you could put in at the Oak Grove launch off of Lakeshore Drive or the ramp at the 25E bridge.......you will be about midways of the lake length at those two ramps as they are less than 3 miles apart by water. You can PM me with better details if you want and I can help point you in the right direction.

Blue5

Thanks! I really appreciate it! We will be bass fishing from daylight until 10am or so and probably back again from 3:00 until dark. We planned to start with a zarra spook.

Tenntrapper

Any advice for fishing Cherokee lake near Bean Station. We will be there Saturday through Thursday. Best ramp to launch? Any advice appreciated. Never even seen it .
There is also a ramp beside Bean Station school....on 11W.
I don't trust the ramp on 25E...the game warden told me they've had a bunch cat converters stolen over there. Ramp is at red dot on pic.

There is also Huff's German Creek Marina on Lakeshore Dr. They charge a 5 dollar ramp fee, but I've never had a problem there. It's also the only ramp left in the water later in the year.
IMG_20231010_092627.jpg

7mm08

There is also a ramp beside Bean Station school....on 11W.
I don't trust the ramp on 25E...the game warden told me they've had a bunch cat converters stolen over there. Ramp is at red dot on pic.

There is also Huff's German Creek Marina on Lakeshore Dr. They charge a 5 dollar ramp fee, but I've never had a problem there. It's also the only ramp left in the water later in the year.View attachment 198455
Public ramp there was a murder 10-15 years ago. Unsolved to my knowledge

I scare myself with crap I remember
Sad for him and family……..

killingtime 41

I remember that. They also found a guy burnt to death they were trying to burn the body to hide the crime.at a ramp not far from there. Couple years ago. 2007 was the first murder. I hear about murders daily now.never would hear about stuff like that then. Now at least a 100 mile radius bums living on TVA land. Can't camp with the family anymore. meth heads everywhere. Can't imagine it has anything to do with the influx.meth has been here for a long time. But Now with the huge increase in people. Lots more meth heads and other drugs. I wish it was like 2007 around here again. Much more quiet and a lot less people.

Latest posts