Check your nuts guys!!!!

7mm08

Not those nuts!

Coming back from SC today I spied a beautiful enter console t-top on the side of the road. When I passed it the wheel was off and hub was on the ground …… about 50 yards up was a trailer tire sitting against the center guardrail. I guess someone either didn't tighten the nuts enough or put them on backwards as I have heard that will make them work loose.. Dang shame. Bad area to breakdown and I there was no way I could stop with all the trucks.

Big Pop

Also be sure that the nut on the bottom of your trailer hitch is adjusted properly and the fit is tight. Ask me how I know. My boat came off the ball and I had a lock thru the keeper on top of the hitch. Glad I was pulling up to a stop sign going 4-5 mph. I'd just gone 15 miles over hills and thru hollers. God watches over old fools....

CATCHDAWG

Also be sure that the nut on the bottom of your trailer hitch is adjusted properly and the fit is tight. Ask me how I know. My boat came off the ball and I had a lock thru the keeper on top of the hitch. Glad I was pulling up to a stop sign going 4-5 mph. I'd just gone 15 miles over hills and thru hollers. God watches over old fools....
Nah, waaayyy overrated! I once pulled a 21' Vision bass boat through the Dragons Tail with a 17/8 ball and a 2" coupling, and I KNEW it! To this day, I don't know how we made it, at night to boot! Your right, God watches over all of us!

fairchaser

I let someone else hook a trailer up to my bosses work Van one day I went to load the excavator up he didn't latch it, trailer came up ,wrinkled both back doors and busted a window out of the van. It was my fault for not checking behind him . Dont ever trust someone else when it comes to trailers
Don't ever try to load a tractor off an unhitched trailer. It isn't pretty when you start backing off and the trailer shoots out like a rocket.

7mm08

My friends and myself that own boats have an unwritten rule…..,, hook your boat up yourself …. Everything… straps, chains , everything so if it came off and caused a disaster you don't loose a friend over something they did… you can then only blame yourself

jlanecr500

I towed my car trailer from knoxville to the other side of Nashville with the wrong ball. 2" ball and the trailer is 2 5/16". When we began loading the tractor, the trailer raised up off the ball. That's the downside to a multi ball hitch.

Latest posts