Cheatham

JeepKuntry

Think I might go down for the early opener. I would probably go in blind based on my on x topo markings. Certainly not looking for spots but is there a decent deer density? Anything I should know? And suggestions on places to tent camp?

Methane

There is a camping area at the main entrance, by the ranger station, I don't think folks are allowed to camp in the WMA otherwise.

JeepKuntry

The only thing google has popped up was lock a campground. I figured some folks might know the names of others and I could search online or facebook to book.

philsanchez76

You talking about early archery or early muzzleloader? I've done both past few years and both have been VERY crowded on that opening weekend. By the third day, the pressure goes way down again and that was the time to hunt. Deer density seems lower up there than the rest of the surrounding area cuz the habitat is not as diverse. WMA managers are doing a ton of good work to improve though. I've also seen some good deer out there. If you have a trailer you should definitely get there a day early cuz the camping area at the entrance is first come first serve and no electric or water of any type either.

Latest posts