Cheatham WMA

Coyote

Anyone ever hunt Cheatham? I am not looking for anyone to give up their favorite spots, but if you have any tips or info that you could share on the area, I hope to be hunting it for the first time this year. I am heading up there for some scouting this weekend.

I am looking for does for the freezer.

The Singing Bowyer

I took a couple of deer up there, but I really enjoy turkey hunting the property. Nothing like throwing on a daypack and walking all day in the woods...

I recommend finding the food plots this year. I can't imagine there will be much, if any, acorn crop. They plant several small plots that are 1/2 mile or so from the road.

Locksley

Originally Posted By: JOKERP
i seen more deer in one afternoon last season then i seen in all the yrs i use to hunt there.8 does come in on me ,,,,i was shocked and amazed i even seen one..i couldnt even shoot.

my daddy-in-law has hunted up there 20-25 yrs..he went on a 2 week hunt last yr during bow season hunted evberyday and seen one fawn...

cheatham has to be the worst place to hunt .i.m.o
they have good turkeys and a few deer but usually the game wardens fine where they are at and shoot them opening day of muzzle loader..

I have hunted it in the past like from 1965 till 1999 and I never saw anyone shoot all the big ones opening day of M/L season that is a bunch of 30/30 toting non hunter talk.
I do not like the new M/L rifles much but there is no way even center fire rifle hunters can kill all the bucks opening weekend . The gamewardens are to busy opening day to hunt much I will bet to.

http://www.tndeer.com/tndeertalk/ubbthr ... Post292864