Cellular camera

14deerhunter

There might be a post about this but I was wandering on getting a cellular cam but I don't have Verizon or at&t can you still buy one of these cameras for a us cellular phone

Andy S.

Yes, most require a smartphone where you download the app to receive the pics that are transmitted over the cellular network. You do not have to have same cell service provider as the camera you use. That is a misconception that seems plausible on the surface, but it is not.

Knothead

Yes, most require a smartphone where you download the app to receive the pics that are transmitted over the cellular network. You do not have to have same cell service provider as the camera you use. That is a misconception that seems plausible on the surface, but it is not.
^^ This ^^

14deerhunter

Thanks! The guy at bass pro said it depends on which cell tower was closer like Verizon's or at&t tower but he wasn't sure since I use us cellular

hammer33

If you will be using it out in the sticks, its just like a cell phone. No tower, no service. Where I hunt there is no verizion service but ATT works fine. In fact I can see the ATT tower.

gatodoc

I bought a Tactacam reveal for the verizon network. Darn thing didn't have a sim card installed and I'm having a devil of a time reaching a tech at tactacam to talk about the problem.....Think twice before buying Tactacam...

Andy S.

I bought a Tactacam reveal for the verizon network. Darn thing didn't have a sim card installed and I'm having a devil of a time reaching a tech at tactacam to talk about the problem.....Think twice before buying Tactacam...
First I've heard of this mishap. Who did you purchase from? Had the box been tampered with? Send an email to [email protected] and explain your situation.

gatodoc

First I've heard of this mishap. Who did you purchase from? Had the box been tampered with? Send an email to [email protected] and explain your situation.
Bought off amazon....paid way too much...contacted tactacam finally got a tech on the phone, they're sending a SIM card but I may send crap back to amazon get my money back and buy another cheaper. Tech told me my buying price was too high cause they were in short supply but they just dumped a bunch of them in the market this week...

RobbyW

I am sending a Tactacam in tomorrow to get software reinstalled. I have another one that works great for about a week then just stops sending pics. Turning it off and on fixes it. It still takes them just quits uploading them.

I bought a muddy cell cam when I couldn't find a Tactacam this year. I am selling the Tactacams and switching over to all muddy.

Latest posts