caught cheating

Baxter83

It happens ALL THE TIME around here! That's why I don't care for tournament fishing unless it's with friends that I can trust. Too many greedy loser's out there.

I'm glad he got busted, but also glad he realized how crappy of a thing it was to do. Maybe the pecker head learned a lesson!

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I think it was BSK or buckwild that said any time you make killing a contest you are asking for trouble.
I guess that goes along these lines as well.

Any time you have humans, money and competition (of any kind) you are asking for it.

Very very sad deal.

I bet he caught the fish in someone elses spot too. ;)

4onaside

I imagine(more than imagine, but I'll leave it at there) that certain fishing shows feature the host catching fish that were caught be someone else earlier. Also hunting, if you can believe Will Primos' statement, "this aint' Hollywood!"
Ego and money is a two headed monster.

Kirk

Unfortunately, no matter how many rules, checks and balances you have in place to prevent cheating, someone will cheat. (or at least try to cheat) Apparently the tournament this guy cheated in allowed dead fish and just deducted weight as a penalty.

The easiest rule to enforce is a NO DEAD FISH rule. If it's dead at weigh in it can't be wieghed.

Coach

As a rule, I think all would agree, what goes around comes around. Taking a shortcut to accomplish anything seems to always have it's repercusions. I've fished two tourneys this year where the weights didn't add up but there is little that can be done.