Catman grow lights

JandSCattleCo

I've set up 3 hydroponic systems where I'm student teaching, and it is the coolest thing I've ever seen. I had bib lettuce germinated in 4 days, then now I have tomatoes and peppers.

catman529

Cool deal. I have seen/heard of LED grow lights before... they use only the parts of the spectrum that plants use, rather than full white light. And they are very efficient.

99 bucks for a 14x21 inch growing area is expensive though... but eventually they would pay themselves off. My shop lights eat 80 watts each, and have a growing area of approx. 14 by 48 inches. A little more than twice the area, for 160 times the amount of energy as the LED grow light. Might be worth it if I had that kind of money to blow all at once. Usually when I blow that kind of money, it's on a gun or something like that :grin:

JandSCattleCo

Yeah, mine were actually free, luckily. Those things are MEGA expensive. There was a drug bust in the town where I'm student teaching and the S.O. gave all of the hydroponics equipment to the school. It was all sitting in a shed when I found it. Plus my grow lights aren't LED. They are the older sodium lights.

Latest posts