catfish jugging

LA man

ok ok i know this has been talked about but im gettin old. how do u rig up catfish jugs. im going to make some with pool noodles. how deep do i put the hook and do i put any weight above the hook. and do u need to put my name on the noodle to be legal. thanks in advance

ShaneHallum

I made mine using the foam noodles, I cut mine at 1ft long, then I got some thin twine and run thru the middle of the noodle. I used 10ft of rope with my hooks 1ft. from each other, I also used a big sink to stick in one side of the noodle. So I can just throw it out as we troll down the bank and the sinker with make the line unwind from the noodle.

I also made me a T handled hook to reach out and grab the line. I've been dumb and cut my fingers down to the bone by just reaching out and grabbing the line. Dumb mistake.

TNDeerGuy

1. Take a noodle cut it in 12" lengths.
2. Take 1" pvc pipe and cut it about 24"-30"
3. Put pipe inside noodle with about 4" sticking out of top
4. Find some small rebar--about 6" long and place inside pipe
5. Take 1" caps and screw small eye hooks into the end of cap and put pvc glue around screw to prevent water from getting in and it also helps secure the eye hook to the pvc
6. Glue caps onto pipe(you did rememeber to put rebar inside 1st)
7. Put reflective tape between the top cap and the noodle
8. Rig leader to eye hook

When placing in water turn upside down so rebar piece inside is in the top end and the noodle will lay flat on top of the water and when a fish hits it the rebar will slide down and make the whole thing stick up straight out of the water, which helps you see the reflective tape at night. Makes it real easy to find which ones have been hit and which ones have not. I hope this helps!
d50015.jpg

d50009.jpg

d50011.jpg

d50013.jpg

Onelow69c10

When usuing the noodle jugs at night you can use those glow in the dark tubes they sell for kids to make necklaces and bracelets out of and just stick them in the end of the noodle to see them easily at night.

Latest posts