Carbon or Aluminum bolts?

Atchman2

The thing is I've never fully recovered a carbon arrow! After they pass through they always seem to hit something and shatter into a million pieces. The aluminum arrows, even if they are bent, I always find them. I've never recovered a broadhead from one of my carbon arrows. I do however hunt in very heavy cover and dense woods.

LanceS4803

Carbon arrows for me.
I've recovered about half undamaged, even the vanes were still on. (I use the original Barnett brand, can be found at Academy Sports.)
The only ones I've lost have been while turkey hunting. After pass through I can hear them rattle through the trees.

A/M/G

Carbon I have good luck finding the bolt after the shot. Flex the bolt make sure there are no splinters on the shaft, new/reuse broadhead good to go. I shoot grim reapers I take them apart clean/resharpen and use the head again. Everytime the aluminum bolts bend.

TheDuke'sBack

Carbon for both crossbow, and regular compound.

When I bought my WickedRidge a few years ago it came with 3 aluminum bolts(not sure brand). 1 arrows didn't survive 3 shots in the block, the other two bent after passing all the way through a deer. I wouldnt doubt if they bent on contact with the deer hide. Since I've bought 6 carbon arrows and not a single one have bent, even after shooting a deer and it sticking in the ground.

PillsburyDoughboy

Carbon..used aluminum for years and moving to Carbon was a tough move. We just did not trust them in the beginning. So much mis information . But with over two decades of using carbon arrows I would never look back on aluminum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LanceS4803

deadeye 77":2bzqhxlc said:
Question I have is can I shoot my carbon belts with only 2 vanes will it still shoot true

Why only two vanes on your arrow?
I've shot arrows with my compound that had a vane strip off after only a few feet, but they still impact the target without much loss in accuracy (30yds).

Laserbrain

I use carbon and aluminum bolts. I got the weights as close as possible, within 5 grains, and the carbons fly farther. Anything over 45 yards is a gamble with the aluminums, but the carbons are good out to 60 yards. The one deer I shot last year was at 58 yards with a carbon.

JKC

I have Gold Tip carbon but I need some more so I got Wicked Ridge bolts because I shot a WR crossbow, both shot the same out 30 yards didn't know that the wicked ridge ones was aluminum. But killed a deer today and bent the bolt that I thought was carbon, it was not.

allchokedup

Carbon for me. Spynal Tapps are some great carbon crossbow arrows.
Here's some of the new Tactical Tapps that I just got. I indexed the NAP DoubleCross broadheads with them.
You wont find a better crossbow arrow.
They are from South Shore Archery Supply.

Attachments

• IMG_1549.JPG
    IMG_1549.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 4,666
  • IMG_1550.JPG
    IMG_1550.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 4,664
  • IMG_1552.JPG
    IMG_1552.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 4,665

Latest posts