Captive Deer Breeding Defeated in 2012

Pursuit Hunter

Beekeeper said:
I am afraid it will rear it's ugly head back up in 2013. Our legislators need to be educated on the dangers this poses.
I'm sure the deer farming industry will make another run at it, but I don't know if they will find anyone to do their bidding next year. We whipped up on the supporters pretty well this year. I don't know if any legislator will take the risk to sponsor a bill.

Oh, what the heck am I saying... There will always be a w#ore out there that will take thier money.

Beekeeper

Pursuit Hunter said:
Beekeeper said:
I am afraid it will rear it's ugly head back up in 2013. Our legislators need to be educated on the dangers this poses.
I'm sure the deer farming industry will make another run at it, but I don't know if they will find anyone to do their bidding next year. We whipped up on the supporters pretty well this year. I don't know if any legislator will take the risk to sponsor a bill.

Oh, what the heck am I saying... There will always be a w#ore out there that will take thier money.
Yep. What worries me is that Niceley has a chance of getting in the Senate where he can introduce the Senate version of the bill and one of the co-sponsors of the deer farming bill will take up the standard in the house. I think one of the reasons that it died in committee was that there was no sponsor for it in the Senate. Just my opinion.

BSK

Pursuit Hunter said:
BSK said:
Yeah QDMA and state Wildlife Federations!
And yeah to all the concerned hunters who called and emailed the committee members. That was probably the biggest factor in defeating it for another year.

Well said Pursuit Hunter. I didn't mean to leave out all those dedicated hunters like yourself that worked so hard on your own time to defeat this insane legislation.

Latest posts