Cancelled QDMA meeting

BSK

Anyone know why the first meeting of the new Middle TN Chapter of the QDMA scheduled for March 4th was cancelled?

BSK

Makes me wonder if they aren't seeing some backlash against some of their policies. I know a TON of ex-members that quit the organization over its emphasis on trophy hunting.

Os2 Outdoors

BSK":3a4ap8ra said:
Makes me wonder if they aren't seeing some backlash against some of their policies. I know a TON of ex-members that quit the organization over its emphasis on trophy hunting.
What's the benefits of being involved and a member?

treefarmer

This was a banquet in Franklin. One of the benefits is we are supporting the only organization for deer. Their opinions on topics such as deer farming can help us. The regional Rep. came to our County Forestry Association last year to give a very good talk to forestland owners on timber management for wildlife. All-in-all I think they are a good organization.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Sounds like there are more and more people that know everything there is about deer management and nobody can tell or teach them anything.

Honestly, I bet you that is part of it.

I have noticed over the last couple of years there are a bunch of "biologists" around.

Deck78

I thought the first meeting was going to be about the chapter starting up and more of an informal meet and greet and was looking forward to it. I would be interested in a non sanctioned, hybrid chapter of our own devise should anyone else think we could pull it off.

Just letting everyone know that we will be holding a QDMA banquet for the newly formed Elk River Branch on July 16th at the Manchester Coffee County Convention Center.

Latest posts