CAMPING TRAILER

dr

Thanks TN. Deer for new forum, We are wanting to buy a good used camping trailer. We need one that will sleep 4 adults comfortably, but not too big, and cumbersome to pull easily. I have a 3/4 ton chevy 4x4 rated to tow about 10k lbs. I am thinking at least a 19 ft., and a max. of 24 ft. bumper pull type. It would be used mostly for hunting, and lake camping, but we would like to pull it out west sometime. I want one big enough to be comfortable, yet small enough to pull on a long trip, and negotiate mountain roads easily. Any advice on size, model, and things to look for would be appreciated. THANKS

dr

Chief,
I've been watching the classifieds, and have found several. I'm just not sure how long of a camper I should get to meet my needs. I want one big enough for 4, but small enough to be fairly economical, and easy to pull. Hoping someone that's had campers could give some input. THANKS

Mag

2-Step Enabled
I've had a Coleman pop up for close to 12 years now. Check Craigslist there are alot of good deals around. I wouldn't be afraid to buy an older pop up as long as it has been maintained. they hold up well if taken care of properly. good luck

GRAMPS

R.I.P.
I have a 21-ft trailer made by Trail-Lite. It weights 3000 pounds and is easy to tow. Plenty of room to sleep 4 adults. Also has a large refrigerator. One very important feature it also has: a bathroom. I never thought I would care about a camper having a bathroom until I spent the night in the camper during an all-night downpour. :)

Latest posts