Camp showers

Rackseeker

Just wondering what others use to take showers while camping. Plan on camping a couple weeks this season. Since I will be tent camping I decided to build a portable shower. It holds 6 gallons which is plenty of water to take a quick shower. It takes about 5 minutes to get hot. I bought a cheap Ozark trail pop up shower tent and made a bracket to hang the shower from the back of my utility trailer. I have a 55 gallon tank on my trailer and a electric water pump to fill with. I have about $30 in the shower and it packs up inside itself.

Attachments

• 2C0EF174-BB0E-4B8F-BE37-62938063D787.jpeg
    2C0EF174-BB0E-4B8F-BE37-62938063D787.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 356

Mattt

I use a zodi and use a 48qt Coleman as a tank. It all stores in the cooler, can dip it I. The creek. And helps keep water warm. If it's real cold I draw and run it back into the cooler. That's where it gets nice S the warm water will get really hot.

jb3

Nice. I try to find a campground with showers. If they don't have them, we're usually not there more than two nights and use a lot of hygiene wipes. lol

I would be sure and start booking sites as soon as you know when/where you're going. They tend to fill up fast.

Tenntrapper

Looks like a galvanized bucket. If so, be careful not to overheat it. It can give off zinc oxide fumes....pretty nasty stuff. I would think, although im not expert, that as long as it had water in it, it would be alright. Just dont cook a dry bucket.

Otherwise, awesome idea.