Calling Mr. Big Calling Mr. Big......

DaveB

Saw this posted on another site, supposedly the WR 1,000 yard group.
I saw the caliber, a 6mm Dasher, and I thought huh, Mr. Big was talking about that caliber....
This 6mm stuff may be more than a passing fancy, eh?????

mr.big

without looking was it a Borden action and shot at Missoula,,

a 6mm 105 class bullet at just over 3,000 fps will do a whole lot more than most people think,,and the 6BR Improved cases will do things that defy logic just looking at them,,

heck at 600 yards some of those guys shoot 20 shot aggs less than 2 inches,,not mentioning names,,Tim Claunch,,

BobTail

mr.big":31vg2o6s said:
a 6mm 105 class bullet at just over 3,000 fps will do a whole lot more than most people think.....

ABSOLUTELY. I've always been a 6mm fan. In a good barrel they're incredibly accurate.

But I'm becoming more and more attached to my 6.5 lately ;)

mr.big

mine are 6 BRDX which is maybe a half grain less powder cap with a longer neck than the Dasher,,I have used Krieger,Brux and Bartlien bbls and they all shoot,,shooting eggs at 300 and 600 yards is pretty fun also,,a friend of mine Tim did a bbl for but a bullet through a quarter at 800 yards with his,,I think that story is on accurateshooter also,,

I had one of the BRDX bbls set back and chambered for 243 and it gets the 105 VLD up over 3200 and makes short work of the 10 inch plate and spray paint cans at 1,000 yards ,,it takes less than half comeups than 308 and holds 3 times better in wind,,they will sure shoot a bbl out loaded like that if you shoot much as I do though,,

in the last 18 months I have filled 2 and 3/4 quart mason jars with spent small rifle primers,, :ugeek:

Hunter 257W

A Quarter minute of angle at 1,000 yards is unbelievable! :shock: :shock: :tu: :tu:

That would sure be a groundhog whacker in some of the big bean fields around my farm. IF we had some groundhogs. ;)

Hunter 257W

BobTail":utl8znf1 said:
You may not have any groundhogs, but the last time I hunted in Franklin Co there was a crap load of coyotes.

Yeah, but you have to get up early and be quiet and all that stuff as if you were deer hunting in order to shoot coyotes. I miss the leisurely pace of mid day groundhog shooting and I emphasis the word "Shooting". :)

Latest posts