Cage Blinds

Rakkin6

Just wanted a review of the blind…..definitely not hunting out of it in late May!
I have been on one before think it was the R30, but never hunted out of it. It was on display at a TSC. Not sure if it is worth the price (think it was like $500-600), but it is built really solid for a hub blind and the material reminded me almost of the cordura material that an army duffel bag is made out of.

And let me tell you I turkey hunt out of a blind when it is raining. I hate the rain with a passion. I don't deer hunt, fish or drink beer in the rain. Slept in it enough in my life lol.

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
I use blinds for a lot of reasons. Scouting, hunting, surveys and yes turkey hunt in the rain. Too old and worn out to run and gun any more. The key to blind hunting is to dress for the event. On the hottest of days black out base layer and tennis shoes. Dress light for the heat.
Used a blind today, Gobbler in Christian county ky out in the middle of about 60 acres of row crop ground. I popped it up, got inside and walked 10 to 15 paces, stopped for a minute then again till he finally got nervous and eased away. I made it to within about 65 or 70 yards of him. Felt like I was rushing it. I was excited and confused all at the same time. No idea what the gobbler was doing out there, that far from cover, all alone but was displaying typical late season strutting.

Southern Sportsman

Used a blind today, Gobbler in Christian county ky out in the middle of about 60 acres of row crop ground. I popped it up, got inside and walked 10 to 15 paces, stopped for a minute then again till he finally got nervous and eased away. I made it to within about 65 or 70 yards of him. Felt like I was rushing it.

Not to derail the thread, but I'm curious — why run a turkey out of the field this time of year? Is this a bird you hope to hunt later?

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
As he never saw me and he simply moved away without running or flight I don't think I disturbed him to the point of him not returning. I personally will not hunt this bird but am confident I will put a hunter on him and likely take him in that field. It was truly just an attempt to test the theory of blind walking. I'm certain if their had been a field of hens there they would not have been as tolerant

TheLBLman

No idea what the gobbler was doing out there, that far from cover, all alone but was displaying typical late season strutting.
I can tell you what he was doing!
He was trying to commit suicide by eagle!
Kinda like suicide by cop, but by an eagle!

The middle of a field used to be a safe haven for turkeys,
as they could see any approaching coyotes or bobcats.
Then the eagles figured out what a fine meal a big ole Tom would make.

Latest posts