Butch Jones

easy45

No this isn't a fire him or save him thread. A buddy of mine who is a huge vol fan recently got married and just as a joke sent Butch a wedding invitation, now no he did not come to the wedding but last week the invitation comes back and Butch Jones actually said congratulations and autographed it. Just thought that was kinda cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmin68

That's cool. If I were a celebrity, I would have a lot of fun with things like that.

Buddy of mine was a big Robin Williams fan and sent a pic for Robin to autograph a few years ago. It took seven months, but the pic came.back autographed along with a hand written letter from Robin apologizing for the slow turnaround.

farmin68

gator-n-buck":2ylydsj4 said:
I think dude should of showed up on behalf of team 119. He should of helped this marriage, brick by brick. He could of showed them resiliency.... :)

Actually, that's supposed to be "should have" and "could have." I don't know how they say it in Florida, but the rest of the English-speaking world says it like ^^this^^.

I realize reading a label on a nutritional supplement can be confusing for Floridians, but this one Is very elementary. :smash:

Twinshooter

farmin68":297pr8nw said:
gator-n-buck":297pr8nw said:
I think dude should of showed up on behalf of team 119. He should of helped this marriage, brick by brick. He could of showed them resiliency.... :)

Actually, that's supposed to be "should have" and "could have." I don't know how they say it in Florida, but the rest of the English-speaking world says it like ^^this^^.

I realize reading a label on a nutritional supplement can be confusing for Floridians, but this one Is very elementary. :smash:
This is hilarious :rotf: :super:

gator-n-buck

farmin68":1qidymh8 said:
gator-n-buck":1qidymh8 said:

I'm just glad fixing our grammer is the only thing that you have to add to the Sport's blog.... :tu:

This normally mean that your team is not very good... 3-4..... :smash: :rotf:

You must of wrote this.... :)

"It bothers me that so many people use could of, would of, should of instead of could've or could have, etc.

For instance, I have seen people write I could of been hurt or I should of seen that truck.

Does anyone know how this originated? Is this a mistake only American English speakers make, or is it common with British English speakers too?

Also, is that actually legal English?"

http://english.stackexchange.com/questi ... sidered-co

baddnole

farmin68":2rrca5hu said:
gator-n-buck":2rrca5hu said:

Very funny :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Dagnabit , I'm not offended by this. :tu:

gator-n-buck

baddnole":mrrt8cus said:
farmin68":mrrt8cus said:
gator-n-buck":mrrt8cus said:

It would be a great story but WG is not from Florida. He's actually from NC. But I wouldn't expect an English teacher to know that... :rotf:

farmin68

gator-n-buck":ltn2wq7o said:
farmin68":ltn2wq7o said:
gator-n-buck":ltn2wq7o said:

I'm just glad fixing our grammer is the only thing that you have to add to the Sport's blog.... :tu:

This normally mean that your team is not very good... 3-4..... :smash: :rotf:

You must of wrote this.... :)

"It bothers me that so many people use could of, would of, should of instead of could've or could have, etc.

For instance, I have seen people write I could of been hurt or I should of seen that truck.

Does anyone know how this originated? Is this a mistake only American English speakers make, or is it common with British English speakers too?

Also, is that actually legal English?"

http://english.stackexchange.com/questi ... sidered-co

No, I didn't write it, but I'm not surprised to see you Googling this in a futile attempt to prove me wrong about Florida grammar. :smash: :mrgreen:

farmin68

baddnole":2tuxyyqq said:
farmin68":2tuxyyqq said:
gator-n-buck":2tuxyyqq said:

Dagnabit , I'm not offended by this. :tu:

Lol!!!

farmin68

farmin68":2lk5wpki said:
farmin68":2lk5wpki said:
gator-n-buck":2lk5wpki said:

That would be g-r-a-m-m-a-r. Try to keep up. You're disappointing influential people from your past.

As for adding to the Sports Forum, if you feel as if you 'add' more than some others, go ahead and continue thinking that. Like Sheryl Crowe said 'if it makes you happy..' :party:

gator-n-buck

farmin68":1i747gqg said:
farmin68":1i747gqg said:
farmin68"[quote="gator-n-buck":1i747gqg said:

That would be g-r-a-m-m-a-r. Try to keep up. You're disappointing influential people from your past.

As for adding to the Sports Forum, if you feel as if you 'add' more than some others, go ahead and continue thinking that. Like Sheryl Crowe said 'if it makes you happy..' :party:[/quote]

Thanks for the spell check..... :tu: What could we do without you...... :rotf:

Mudbone

Hey farmin, while you were picking at people for using improper GRAMMAR, you used an apostrophe in place of quotations when "quoting" Sheryl Crowe. See what I did there?

Just sayin. :tu:

gator-n-buck

Mudbone":ddoljhte said:
Hey farmin, while you were picking at people for using improper GRAMMAR, you used an apostrophe in place of quotations when "quoting" Sheryl Crowe. See what I did there?

:smash: :tu:

Why don't you tell us how smart you are.... :)

TreyB

Mudbone":3d8xdpji said:

Uhhhhhhhh :rotf:

farmin68

Mudbone":1zs6kqy2 said:

Dude, I was loosely quoting... Wasn't going for the full on Chris Farley quotes. Point taken, though. :rotf:

Latest posts