Bushnell Trophy Cam

DMD

Check out reviews for them on Amazon.com. Also, trailcampro.com. They rate it the best camera for around $200 and maybe best overall. Amazon buyers have rated it 4+starts. I just ordered one on Amazon - $150 free ship and no tax.

easy45

I have one, would never have another, takes a ton of whited out photos and it has quit working several times, I will say that Bushnell has always replaced them no questions ask.

BSK

The 2011 models have performed well, with one exception--the 467C black-flash model. That particular model has had real problems. Now the 466C black-flash model has received exemplary reviews.

Rubberduck270

I've got 2 and am still running on the same set of batteries that I started with in July. Roughly 8,000 pics on each camera. Still have a bar of battery life on each camera.

TheLBLman

BSK said:
The 2011 models have performed well, with one exception--the 467C black-flash model. That particular model has had real problems. Now the 466C black-flash model has received exemplary reviews.
Seems we simply can't trust, even formerly reputable companies like Bushnell & Leupold, when it comes to trail cams made in China.

With many believing black flash is the way to go for future purchases, Bushnell comes out with the 467C model . . . . . . just seems like every other "revision" is flawed.

I've learned the hard way that my time is worth more than these junk trail cams ---- trying to use various "Made in China" cams has proven mostly a frustrating waste of my time.

I DID have some hopes for Leupold's entry into the trail cam market, but looks like they're also "junk".

Many of you guys who are happy with your China cams are just lucky (that yours worked properly) and don't know it. The quality control has proven horrible on most models.

Maybe in a couple years companies like Bushnell and Leupold will figure out that quality control and reputation matter more than initial sales profits.

rtp

I have 2 of the trophy ir cams(dont know the exact model) and have had exceptional results from them. Over 14,000 pics on one camera and it is still going strong on the same set of batteries. I have tried dang near everything out there and these have been the best so far. This is out of the 30 or so cameras I own. I ordered two more and received them today. Cant wait to get them in the brush. When you run this many cameras, the battery life by itself sets them apart.

tndeerstalker86

had problems with mine taking random pics over and over, installed a upgrade fixed the problem for a few months, now its back to pic after pic on nothing until night time and then it starts taking great pics as soon as light comes up pic after pic again

JCDEERMAN

Chinese = Junk. If you can afford a good american made camera, get one of those.....or a homebrew. I have a Bushnell and it is still working since 2008, BUT (and thats a BIG BUT) I'm one of the lucky ones

infoman jr.

I used one all last season on one set of batteries. Easily more than 10,000 pics. This year, the buttons didn't work properly when I first turned it on. Bushnell replaced with no question. I've used it again this season since mid August and picture quality is still good. Video mode works well also.

I like my cheaper Moultrie IR better as it captures temp.

BSK

As Wes and others pointed out, you're taking your chances with Chinese made cameras. If you get a good one, it works fine. If not--and you have very high odds of getting a bad one--they will frustrate you to no end.

If I could aford it, I would only buy Reconyx.

TheLBLman

BSK said:
. . . . . taking your chances with Chinese made cameras. If you get a good one, it works fine. If not . . . . . will frustrate you to no end.
It's hard to put a dollar value on countless hours of wasted time and frustration, but in the past year, I'm certain I've wasted countless hours with flawed and non-working Chinese-made trail cams.

Even if they initially work as advertised, the big question becomes, "But for how long will they continue to work?"

During the past 15 months, I've personally worked with eight different "new-out-of-the-box" made-in-China trail cams of different brands. So far, only 1 of 8 has worked as advertised, and it was an under warranty "replacement" of one that didn't work. It's been working now for about 6 months.

But of the other 7, only 3 remain usable ("usable" meaning they're not working properly, but working enough that I'll continue to mess with them).

Speaking of that "one" of 8 that's working, I had a pair of them. The other unit in the pair also seemed to be working properly until a few weeks ago when it just totally quit. Both had been under warranty replacements. But I'm not sending either of these back again, since I value my time more than their warranties.

If there's much value on your personal time, you simply cannot afford these "made in China" cams, as buying several will likely cost you more (in terms of your time and money) than they're worth. True, some people get lucky, but I don't count on luck to get me where I'm going.

If you want a quality trail cam experience and lasting value,
my best advise is to either go the "Home-brew" route or just buy Reconyx.

JCDEERMAN

JCDEERMAN said:
Chinese = Junk. If you can afford a good american made camera, get one of those.....or a homebrew.

Wes Parrish said:
If you want a quality trail cam experience and lasting value,
my best advise is to either go the "Home-brew" route or just buy Reconyx.

Yep, problem solved

TheLBLman

Hillbilly Hunter said:
Is the Bushnell Black Flash worth the money?
Only if you're LUCKY in opeing up a box containing one that actually works as advertised. After that, only time will tell just how long it keeps working.

I believe FiremanJim is now making some true black-flash homebrews, and if so, they'll be light years ahead of anything coming out of China.