Bushnell cams

southernhunter

I found a couple new in box bushnell cams for $100 a piece . model number 119435c 8mp night version . Was told the was like $200 Plus . I believe there 2010 models . Is this a deal or no ??

TheLBLman

For that price, I'd be afraid to touch anything that's a 2010 model (other than something like a Reconyx). Would assume you're getting them without a warranty, and I believe those 2010 Bushnells had very high failure rates?

For that price, a little more or less, you can get at least one, possibly two, new 2013 models from any of a number of makes, which should be a better cam, and should include a warranty. Take a look at what $100 to $200 will get you in a new 2013 model from say Covert or Moultrie. You may even be able to still find new 2012 model Coverts for less than $100 each.

Not that I'm a fan of any of the above mentioned, but the Coverts and Moultries appear to be more cam for the money than the Bushnells.

TheLBLman

BSK said:
The 2010 model "C" Bushnells had extremely high failure rates.
Yes they did!
And if you failed to register your cam and keep the receipt, you were just stuck, which is exactly what happened to me with one of these Bushnells. (I had another Bushnell for which I got replaced under warranty, no problem because I did register the warranty.)

Whatever you buy, REGISTER the warranty, and save your receipt. Most retailers from whom you buy will NOT take the cams back, and simply refer you to the manufacturer for a warranty replacement ---- even it it's the next day after purchase and the new cam won't even power up!

Another lesson I have "learned the hard way" over the past 3 years is . . . . . . Don't assume a name with an otherwise good reputation for scopes and binoculars equates to any correlation with their trail cams. The only thing good which came from my experiences with Bushnell was the "reservation" I then had when Leupold came out with their exciting new trail cams. Without that reservation, I would have purchased a Leupold trail cam.