Bunnies: 1, Johnny: 0

JohnnyArcher

Out in the woods today doing some stump shooting with my recurve. Hiking along and I come to a path that crosses the main trail I was on. As I look over to my right, about 10 yards up the trail, I see a pair of ears sticking up out of some semi-thick stuff. After a moment, I can make out the rest of the bunny's body. Usually, they spook when I walk up on them like this, but this one sat perfectly still. Pulled an arrow out of my quiver and got it nocked. In the process of doing so, however, the bunny bolted.

BUT

Another bunny ran across the trail from the far right side and stopped almost EXACTLY where the other one had been. I draw back, anchor and let fly...and the little sucker jumps the string! AT TEN YARDS!!!

I couldn't believe how fast he was. Made a perfect shot, but I guess today was just that bunny's day. Still...that was a helluva rush!

Johnny

JohnnyArcher

tndrbstr said:
Its a good thing, cause bunny season ain't open for about 5 more weeks.

Actually, it's open on November 8th. But thank you for bringing it to my attention that the season isn't officially open yet. My mistake:)

Johnny

JohnnyArcher

Yep, 11/08. Let that be a lesson, guys: When somebody tells you that rabbit season is the same as squirrel season...be sure and check the regs before going out and killing (or trying to kill) any!

Johnny

Polecat

JohnnyArcher said:
Yep, 11/08. be sure and check the regs before going out and killing (or trying to kill) any!

Johnny

True 'dat....

A younger boy on our lease killed a bobcat on opening morning of ML season. As he came off the hill on his ATV with the bobcat proudly draped across the front rack he meets the wildlife officer standing there checking licenses and deer. Bobcat season doesn't open until Nov 21.

stik

Polecat said:
JohnnyArcher said:
Yep, 11/08. be sure and check the regs before going out and killing (or trying to kill) any!

Johnny

True 'dat....

A younger boy on our lease killed a bobcat on opening morning of ML season. As he came off the hill on his ATV with the bobcat proudly draped across the front rack he meets the wildlife officer standing there checking licenses and deer. Bobcat season doesn't open until Nov 21.

bobcats should be legal anytime deer season is open. it is rare to get a shot at one and having to pass because the season is closed sucks.

9 point

i had to pass the only bobcat i have ever seen at chuck swan this year with my bow he sat and liiked at me for 15 minutes at 10 yards trying to figure out what i was but still cool

Latest posts