Building a bow press

tree_ghost

Alright after searching high and low on the Internet and forums for a bow press that will fit all of my needs and not be in excess of $200 I have found that my options are severely limited and not satisfactory. Given what I've researched and discovered on past parallel limbs and preloaded limbs, I have decided to build my own press. I am heavily leaning towards a linear bow press. It should fit my needs quite well as long as I make the correct forks for the end of it. I have a mig welder but not a lathe. I would like to see if any of you have experience with this project and if so I'd greatly appreciate your input...thanks guys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TNDeerGuy

I would recommend a linear style press and I have plans for one that I was going to build, but Last Chance came out with the EZ Green and by the time I bought all the tubing, parts and find someone that can weld much better and cleaner than me it just wasn't worth the trouble to save a little money.

tree_ghost

TNDeerGuy":1uadiy70 said:
I would recommend a linear style press and I have plans for one that I was going to build, but Last Chance came out with the EZ Green and by the time I bought all the tubing, parts and find someone that can weld much better and cleaner than me it just wasn't worth the trouble to save a little money.
What would it take to get said plans? I figure between material and the finger kit I'm gonna buy from a guy on AT I'll be in about $100-$150 total depending on how fancy I get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNDeerGuy

PM me your email address and I'll send you what I have. The plans came from Iceman on AT years ago and I think he laid everything out on a CAD program. As far as fingers, you will also need at least two short fingers to go beneath draw stop cams--normal fingers will be interfered by the normal finger design.

Latest posts