Bucks still holding?

catman529

How many of y'all are seeing bucks still holding? I haven't got any cameras and haven't seen any bucks in the past couple weeks. Went shed hunting prime habitat the other day and turned up 1 old shed from last year. Also found an old one the day before behind the house. No fresh ones yet. My gut feeling is most bucks are holding. Honeysuckle is showing green, won't be long before a lot of these deer infested thickets become solid green leaves. Hope to find a few before that happens and before turkey season. Anyone actually seeing a lot of bucks drop antlers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AllOutdoors

I was fortunate enough to make a trip through a clients farm today in perry county while talking business / bs. Many are still holding there.

AXL78

I found 9 in one walk last weekend, but went back 2 more times and only found 1 each time. Got the easy ones out of the way, they were in fields. I saw several deer and didn't see any with antlers, but I'm sure there are some that still have them. The landowner found one on a road I had been down several times that obviously dropped overnight between me looking. I guess they are dropping pretty good right now. This was in west TN.

Os2 Outdoors

Ton still holding in Montgomery. I'm with BSK , 70% plus.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PcDeer

AllOutdoors":293netkt said:
I was fortunate enough to make a trip through a clients farm today in perry county while talking business / bs. Many are still holding there.
I'm in Perry County, still getting several pictures of bucks with at least one horn holding on. Seems to be mostly younger deer.

Hunter 257W

Got the pictures from my camera Saturday - the battery had run down so last picture of a buck was Feb 14 - but there were two bucks that day.
The 6 point still had both antlers. Spike had lost one. That's the earliest by far that I've ever seen a buck lose an antler on my place in Franklin county.

thirdwilliam

checked cameras on a farm in Wilson and Rutherford county yesterday with 90% still holding both sides. Found two sheds laying together. First matching set ever found together. They were the only sheds found...

darn2ten

Saw 7 bucks together by the house about a week ago. One had shed both sides, 2 half racks, and 4 with both sides. I always see bucks still carrying at the start of turkey season around here in Lincoln.

gta hunter

Got pictures of some still holding through 2/19. I did find a small shed last Friday on the same property.

Latest posts