Bucket list bird

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Probably 10 years before I ever went duck hunting I saw one of these mounted in a store somewhere and I said I want one of those!
Made it happen today.

IMG_3060.jpeg

mike243

Thanks for telling me, dang have to carry a big book hunting to see if I have shot something I can eat or have to use a shovel lol, good luck out there this morning,

woodyard

I think I saw 20 something of them out Garrett Thursday while chasing crappie.I was wondering what they were. You could see the white underside and black upper, not a real big bird.
Congrats on connecting.

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
Looks like a young bird. Congratulations on getting a nice one! I have had this guy do some bird work for me. The only thing I know for sure is that his work is absolutely beautiful. I look at my pintail, blue goose and bufflehead every single day.

Mud Creek

I killed one a couple years ago and thought it looked good(for a ganzy!)and would put it on the wall. After 2 days in the freezer I thought "why in the heck am I mounting a dang merganser?" I dropped it off to a guy for his pup to mess with within a couple hours. Ever since I got home that day I've regretted not mounting it lol. They're ugly and cool looking at the same time.

20220119_085345.jpg

GUNNERX2

I had one mounted in a standing position that is one of my better looking mounts....punk rock duck.
I gave one to my granddaughter for a college biology project. She skinned it and stuck the carcass in a tub of flesh eating beetles. Afterward, she disassembled the skeleton and then reassembled it. She gave me skeleton when she got her grade. Pretty cool looking but very fragile.

Latest posts