BSK.......need your expert opinion, please!

Knothead

BSK, I posted this in the trail cams and pics forum but somehow the pics were deleted...........

Anyway, what would you say? 3.5? 4.5? Older?
TrailCams10-7-12202-Copy_zps37a7c3de.jpg

TrailCams10-7-12197-Copy_zpsd6413ad5.jpg

And do you think this is the same deer from the pics from 2011 ? Notice the long spike on his left side which replicated somewhat is 2012. I think it is the same deer, aging on the 'downhill side'. What do you think?

a82a7daf.jpg

3d0e22c9.jpg

504c5d62.jpg

Knothead

UTGrad said:
As info these are pics from my trail camera.

And, as more info, UTGrad is the one who took the off hand, off balance, from the ground pop shot at him last year from 150 yds and ran him into seclusion for the last 11 months! LOL. This guy has been in a hole for the last year.
UTG, sight that smoke pole in this year,......BEFORE the season opens, ok? :crazy:

lpo1981

Pretty sure I chimed in on your other post. Easy 4.5+ y/o deer, and looks like the same deer, no expert opinion needed.

BSK

I agree with 156p&y. That's an OLD buck. 6 1/2+ for sure. If those picture dates are accurate, that's a massive amount of body to have at the end of September.

Although it's impossible to say if that is the same buck as the pictures from last year, I suspect that you are correct in that it's the same buck on the downhill slide (or simply reduced antler growth this year versus last year). In TN, I often find that bucks are at their maximum tine and beam lengths at 4 1/2 or 5 1/2. Any older and they gain in mass but lose in tine and beam length.

Knothead

BSK said:
I agree with 156p&y. That's an OLD buck. 6 1/2+ for sure. If those picture dates are accurate, that's a massive amount of body to have at the end of September.

Although it's impossible to say if that is the same buck as the pictures from last year, I suspect that you are correct in that it's the same buck on the downhill slide (or simply reduced antler growth this year versus last year). In TN, I often find that bucks are at their maximum tine and beam lengths at 4 1/2 or 5 1/2. Any older and they gain in mass but lose in tine and beam length.

Thanks BSK. And yes, the dates imprinted in the pics are the actual dates.