Browning Guns

Kimber88

Wanted to give the forum a heads up of sorts. I just went to Gander Mountain in Knoxville and bought a Browning Citori Lightning. I didn't realize this when I went in, but Browning is doing cash back on Citoris and X-Bolts through the rest of the year. The guy that helped me out (Rob) was a nice younger guy who knew his stuff (and gave a good deal!) Im a Browning man myself, so I wanted to let you guys know about the good deal that I got!

12 ga 28". Not much good for deer, but it'll be heck on the grouse this year!

rukiddin

TroutRunner1911 said:
(and gave a good deal!) Im a Browning man myself, so I wanted to let you guys know about the good deal that I got!

Love those brownings (A5 lover)!.......But I find it hard to believe anyone got a deal on anything at Gander Mtn!! A good deal at GM is kinda like bigfoot, not saying theres not one out there, just saying I find it hard believe:)

Kimber88

I got 10% off in the store plus the 150 dollar rebate. And he through in a free case! Overall not a bad deal at all. Their price on the gun was 100 less than BPS's!

stik

i was never a browning fan but always wanted a BAR. i found one at gander, left-handed,30-06 at a price i couldn't refuse. it will be my opening weekend rig.

10mm4me

stik said:
Buckhunter72 said:
Nothing, and I mean nothing, is sweeter than a Browning!

that's your opinion and i would die for your right to it. however, i disagree. ;)
+1, Browing has a few nice things like the Citori and the BPS, but there is much better out there in terms of rifles ans semi-auto shotty's.

TheLBLman

Gander Mountain is no Cabela's, but I'm sure glad to have them in Tennessee. Many items, Gander is higher than Bass Pro, but often Gander is cheaper. Pays to compare. I've gotten several good deals at Gander, particularly when Bass Pro didn't even have what I was needing and Gander did.

One thing stands out in particular:
Last year I got a pop-up blind at Gander.
It was on sale, so not their regular price, but on the day of purchase, it was $30 less at Gander than the exact same model was at either Bass Pro or Cabela's. $119.95 + tax at Gander vs. $149.95 + tax at Bass Pro or $149.95 + shipping from Cabela's.

Mr.Bro

Anyone remember when JC Penny at Rivergate Mall sold guns?I do.Also remember the last gun to go was a Browning Citori when they quit selling guns.Price was $319 and i couldnt afford it.Honest.

Boone 58

Race car driver Bill Elliots uncle offered to sell me his gun collection when he decided he was not in need of them any more. i purchased a double barrel 410 by kassner, churchill from spain i think, but he had a 1960 belgium pristine model of the browing 22 with a scope and i wanted it so bad i could taste it....that was the one gun he decided to keep and sold a bar 270 never fired and a rem 1100 in 410......didnt know they made one. Wish now i had bought them all as he offered them to me in a package deal of 1250. He passed away last year and i surely do miss him but i think of him every time i look or think about that gun, among other things he did for me. he was my pastor for many years.
P04-18-11_1149.jpg