Browning Cell Cam "Zen" Desk?

TheLBLman

Anyone else contacted the Browning "Zen" Desk lately regarding cell cam plan/tech help?

I added a cell cam on Sunday, March 21, and it wouldn't go from "pending" to "active" mode.
I've gone thru the process of doing this many times previously, so was baffled as to why I couldn't get this particular one to go "active".

I contacted them (via email, as they have no phone number for this type "help") this past Tuesday, March 23rd.
Having not heard back, contacted them again Thursday, March 25th.
They finally got back to me today, Friday, March 26th.

There didn't seem to be anything wrong with the cell cam itself, and my "issue" seems more systematic (not regarding a particular cam).

Will elaborate more on all later, but don't want to muddy the waters with too much tech talk prematurely.

So just wondering if anyone else has recently needed help regarding anything to do with Browning's cell plans ("Zen" Desk), what was the issue, then how would you rate that "help"?

Last edited:

TheLBLman

Anyone else contacted the Browning "Zen" Desk lately regarding cell cam plan/tech help?

So just wondering if anyone else has recently needed help regarding anything to do with Browning's cell plans ("Zen" Desk), what was the issue, then how would you rate that "help"?
Kinda baffled that no one else has had any unusual "issues" lately regarding Strike Force Wireless and the Browning Cell Cams?

TheLBLman

I use Browning cams, but not cell cams. And so far, not a single issue with any of my Brownings.
My recent issues have been mainly an issue of the cell service more than the cell cams.
I did have one Browning cell cam stop working recently due to rain water getting in it.
That one has been sent in for warranty repair or replacement.
My Browning non-cell cams have had no issues, some working flawlessly for years on end.

Smoke

I've only had to email a couple times. First to figure out how to upgrade my plan. Sent late at night and had an email back next morning. They took care of changing it after making sure what I wanted. Emailed second time due to app not working. Again email sent late evening and everything working when I got up next morning.

TheLBLman

My recent issues have been mainly more of the cell service than the cell cams.
I did have one Browning cell cam stop working recently due to rain water getting in it.
That one has been sent in for warranty repair or replacement.
UPDATES:

The cam I had sent back due to water leakage was very quickly replaced with a brand-new cell cam. I've had many and a variety of models of Browning cams out now for years, and I believe, this was the only unit I'd experienced water getting into.

Overall, I have been happy with the Browning cams and their service.

HOWEVER, more recently, I've experienced some "issues" I believe having more to do with Strike Force Wireless (aka "Prometheus") than the Browning cell cams per se.

Most ironically, the problematic "issues" only began when the non-working cell cam was purposefully taken off this cell plan, and replaced with another Browning cell cam I had had on another plan (since 6 cams is the maximum per "plan").

P.S. One thing I do not like (not unique to Browning) is that most cell cam "plans" will only allow up to a certain number of cell cams (and/or data use) on a "plan". In the case of Browning's plans, the maximum number per plan is 6, which means you have to have at least two "plans" if you run 7 or more cams.

Although they have since been responsive, sincere, and helpful in trying to resolve these issues, the "Zen Desk" was initially slow to respond (days, talking weekdays, before ANY response, which was why I started this thread). Also, the "Zen Desk" is CLOSED on weekends.

Will add, it seems no one has yet figured out why the problems keep recurring AFTER thought resolved or fixed.

So NEW QUESTION:

Anyone else here subscribed to the Strike Force Wireless (Prometheus) "Guide Pro" Plan and currently using at least 6 Browning cell cams?

My theory is a systemic, and very problematic glitch "issue" may be only effecting those who have maxed out the number of cams on a plan.

Last edited:

TheLBLman

Hopefully, final update here :)

Have now gone nearly 3 weeks without any more "issues" with the cell service plan.

Apparently, the issue I had was not a widespread issue, nor was it an issue with the cell cam units. Whatever was causing it, hopefully they have it "fixed" now, and it will not re-occur for anyone.

Latest posts