Browning A5 16guage

Food Plot 101

Can anyone tell me the approximate value of this shotgun. Stock is very used but metal is rust free. Engravings are good too. I think this is the serial number and am being told this shotgun was made in 1932. Thanks for you help!
2dalsig.jpg

Navy Mustang

Yes, that is the serial number to the receiver. The barrel will also have a corresponding serial number. You can verify the date in with a Gun Blue Book or google search. Without more pictures it would be hard to give you a value. However, with the amount of blue remaining and condition of wood it looks to be well used. Does it have a rib on it? Has the barrel been cut or does it have a Cutts or poly-choke installed? Is the forearm cracked? All of these things are negatives when it comes to value. Bottom-line, any functioning Browning sixteen guage is worth at least $500.00. Beyond that I would need to look at it.

tellico28

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but does that shotgun have a 2 9/16 inch chamber instead of 2 3/4 being made in 1932?

Navy Mustang

If it has been re-chambered from 2 9/16 to 2 3/4 it will. Is the barrel marked? Does the serial number and the barrel match? If I remember correctly it will be marked 60mm for 2 9/16 and 70mm for 2 3/4.

Latest posts