Broadhead v/s Fieldpoint

RussellvilleRob

My bow shoots bullet holes in paper. When I switched over to the Slick Tricks a couple days ago, it shot about 2-inches high at 25-yds. I am using a Whisker Bisket. Should I just let it go and adjust the sight? Right to left is perfect.
I hate to adjust too much because this is the closest I have ever been when comparing broadheads to fieldpoints.
Any suggestions?
Back in the winter, when I first bought the Slick-Tricks, I shot a couple and they were right with my fieldpoints at 25-yds. Now, it seems that something has changed a little.

Radar

Your string could have stretched a little . You can drop the rest down about 1/16" and you should be closer without changing the pin settings .

RussellvilleRob

Radar said:
Your string could have stretched a little . You can drop the rest down about 1/16" and you should be closer without changing the pin settings .

Thanks Radar.
I will give it a try. I know that any adjustment will be very small. I was really happy with the paper tuning, but I have read many times where you prefer walk-away or broadhead tuning. It seems to me that bullet holes on paper would equal perfect broadhead flight. I guess it doesnt always work that way.

Radar

Paper tuning gives you a snapshot picture of arrow flight at a given distance , and is good for initial bow setup . But it can also give you false readings ,and arrow flight can change down range .
I like broadhead group tuning to get a bow dialed in .

Toxophilite Phil

I don't think the string has stretched. I think this a classic example of some Front of Center issue. If the left and right are good just up and down then just adjust the rest, a bit til they impact the same.

Latest posts